Doctor John

Default adapting RCA video out to LCD monitor in

I'm trying to make a low- cost video monitoring system. The camera I am
using has RCA out and I'm looking at some salvaged LCD flat panels. Seems
there would be a way to convert to RCA to a VGA input, perhaps using an old
video card. I have looked far and wide and I can't find a flat panel
monitor (small, B&W is preferred) which is set up for RCA in unless I go
with a new video system in the $500 range. I'm trying to keep the costs on
this down. Any help would be appreciated.

John

Travis Jordan

Doctor John wrote:
I have looked far and wide and I
can't find a flat panel monitor (small, B&W is preferred) which is
set up for RCA in unless I go with a new video system in the $500
range.

Like this one?
http://tinyurl.com/6csr4

Doctor John

Thanks Travis! This is about what I need, except I was looking for a 6 inch
or larger screen, but at least it looks like it will accept an RCA video
input. Anyway, I'm still interested in using salvaged LCD displays. Any
ideas are appreciated.

John

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
news
Doctor John wrote:
I have looked far and wide and I
can't find a flat panel monitor (small, B&W is preferred) which is
set up for RCA in unless I go with a new video system in the $500
range.

Like this one?
http://tinyurl.com/6csr4

Kalman Rubinson

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:54:14 -0700, "Doctor John"
wrote:

I'm trying to make a low- cost video monitoring system. The camera I am
using has RCA out and I'm looking at some salvaged LCD flat panels. Seems
there would be a way to convert to RCA to a VGA input, perhaps using an old
video card. I have looked far and wide and I can't find a flat panel
monitor (small, B&W is preferred) which is set up for RCA in unless I go
with a new video system in the $500 range. I'm trying to keep the costs on
this down. Any help would be appreciated.

Try he
www.mp3playerstore.com

Kal

Travis Jordan

Doctor John wrote:
Anyway, I'm still interested in using salvaged LCD
displays. Any ideas are appreciated.

There are lots of composite video to VGA converters out there -- it is a
commodity product. Here's one.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/v...-gvm-2000.html

Doctor John

Thanks to all- I googled this subject to death, with no luck, and here you
folks come up with all kinds of links. In the mean time I did win a
salvaged Sharp 10" LCD Panel Model: LQ104V1DC31 on eBay, so I do still want
to experiment with hooking up a video camera directly to this without going
through a PC (I'm trying to set up a rear view camera for a truck on the
cheap). Looks like the video converters are available, what's going to be
difficult is figuring out the connections on this raw LCD panel.

John

wrote:

I'm trying to make a low- cost video monitoring system. The camera I am
using has RCA out and I'm looking at some salvaged LCD flat panels.

Seems
there would be a way to convert to RCA to a VGA input, perhaps using an

old
video card. I have looked far and wide and I can't find a flat panel
monitor (small, B&W is preferred) which is set up for RCA in unless I go
with a new video system in the $500 range. I'm trying to keep the costs

on
this down. Any help would be appreciated.

Try he
www.mp3playerstore.com

Kal

Kalman Rubinson

If you check the monitors at mp3playerstore, you will find that they
come with composite (RCA) inputs ready to go. Of course, they are all
smaller than 10".

Kal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:07:37 -0700, "Doctor John"
wrote:

Thanks to all- I googled this subject to death, with no luck, and here you
folks come up with all kinds of links. In the mean time I did win a
salvaged Sharp 10" LCD Panel Model: LQ104V1DC31 on eBay, so I do still want
to experiment with hooking up a video camera directly to this without going
through a PC (I'm trying to set up a rear view camera for a truck on the
cheap). Looks like the video converters are available, what's going to be
difficult is figuring out the connections on this raw LCD panel.

John

.. .
wrote:

I'm trying to make a low- cost video monitoring system. The camera I am
using has RCA out and I'm looking at some salvaged LCD flat panels.

Seems
there would be a way to convert to RCA to a VGA input, perhaps using an

old
video card. I have looked far and wide and I can't find a flat panel
monitor (small, B&W is preferred) which is set up for RCA in unless I go
with a new video system in the $500 range. I'm trying to keep the costs

on
this down. Any help would be appreciated.

Try he
www.mp3playerstore.com

Kal

Jack Zeal

wrote:

Thanks to all- I googled this subject to death, with no luck, and here you
folks come up with all kinds of links. In the mean time I did win a
salvaged Sharp 10" LCD Panel Model: LQ104V1DC31 on eBay, so I do still want
to experiment with hooking up a video camera directly to this without going
through a PC (I'm trying to set up a rear view camera for a truck on the
cheap). Looks like the video converters are available, what's going to be
difficult is figuring out the connections on this raw LCD panel.

John

. ..

wrote:

I'm trying to make a low- cost video monitoring system. The camera I am
using has RCA out and I'm looking at some salvaged LCD flat panels.

Seems

there would be a way to convert to RCA to a VGA input, perhaps using an

old

video card. I have looked far and wide and I can't find a flat panel
monitor (small, B&W is preferred) which is set up for RCA in unless I go
with a new video system in the $500 range. I'm trying to keep the costs

on

this down. Any help would be appreciated.

Try he
www.mp3playerstore.com

Kal

Other cheap option would be an LCD designed for a game console. At
various times, they made them for playstations and possibly others. The
plug would require adaptation to fit an RCA connector in, tho the signal
format's right.