Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Video Monitor Help?

Rick wrote:

Gosh, no helping hand at all?
The museum is the Battleship New Jersey.
--
-bye,
Rick

. ..
I volunteer at a small museum that has a bank of Panasonic WV-5490 CCTV
monitors. One of them now blows the unreg dc fuse. Isolating different
sections, I traced the problem to a low resistance reading in the horiz
osc/hv section, whose operation has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I
have limited eqpt at my site workbench, a Fluke multimeter. I could use a
schematic to help me trace the problem further.
Google only found tech manuals for $20, which they can't spare, and being
the pix quality was only marginally good, probably needs a new tube
eventually too.
Any help would be appreciated.
PS: They dont throw anything out.
Thanks,
Rick

Not many people repair these monitors, so the manuals are not readily
available. I would check with local TV stations, Military bases, School
systems, and places that install CCTV equipment. One may have the
manual, or even donate a used, but working monitor. You may even get
several donated, as long as you're a non profit, and can give a receipt
for their donation.

If that fails, they should see if someone will donate money for the
manual.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell