Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default A/V receiver tape out doesn't work for DVD/SPDIF input.

I have a kenwood VR-6050 receiver. Connected to the "tape out" RCA
jacks on the back is a FM transmitter that I use to relay whatever I
am listening to to FM receivers in my basement and garage, so that
whatever I am listening to shows up there also. My problem is that my
computer which is connected to the receiver through one input using
coax SPDIF does not reach the tape outputs. When I play audio or
videos from the computers, the FM transmitter does not receive the
audio. I have tried both the audio TAPE OUT connection and the VCR
TAPE OUT connection on the receiver. Neither gets the signal.

I can find no documentation concerning this in the Manual for the
receiver.

Would anyone have any knowledge of a way to get the receiver to pass
this audio signal on it's SPDIF input on to the TAPE OUT connector, or
any other way to get a LINE OUT equivalent that would include that
signal?

Bob F

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Bob F wrote:
[...]

This is normal operation. If you want an analog output from a digital source
you are probably just going to have to get a D/A converter.

They do this to discourage copyright infringement of higher-quality digital
sources, having long ago lost the battle on analog sources.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

How about connecting the Fm transmitter to the headphone jack? You should
get all the digital and analog output there. Beware of the volume, it may
become too loud

"Mark D. Zacharias" s.prodigy.net...
Bob F wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Good thought, but the volume issue is definately a concern. I am going
to try running analog signals from the computer to another receiver
input, so I can choose the digital or analog signal depending on my
usage.

Bob