Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to take apart Compaq 2103 laptop

Hi. I have a Compaq Presario 2103 laptop that won't charge. I think
the problem is in the power jack. I have tried taking it apart to
solder the jack, but apparently there are two screws in the middle of
the computer that can't be accessed from the bottom or top. I think I
see the bottom (not the head) of one screw beneath the plastic around
where the memory plugs in. I think the heads of these two screws must
be under the spacebar or under something else that is under the
spacebar. Do you have any suggestions?

--Bob

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wes Wes is offline

"BobH" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi. I have a Compaq Presario 2103 laptop that won't charge. I think
the problem is in the power jack. I have tried taking it apart to
solder the jack, but apparently there are two screws in the middle of
the computer that can't be accessed from the bottom or top. I think I
see the bottom (not the head) of one screw beneath the plastic around
where the memory plugs in. I think the heads of these two screws must
be under the spacebar or under something else that is under the
spacebar. Do you have any suggestions?

--Bob

See if the keyboard can be unclipped from the top. My Toshiba has a
decorative section at the base of the keyboard that unclips to allow the
keyboard to be lifted out.

Wes.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"BobH" wrote in news:1174755807.724229.65130
@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Hi. I have a Compaq Presario 2103 laptop that won't charge. I think
the problem is in the power jack. I have tried taking it apart to
solder the jack, but apparently there are two screws in the middle of
the computer that can't be accessed from the bottom or top. I think I
see the bottom (not the head) of one screw beneath the plastic around
where the memory plugs in. I think the heads of these two screws must
be under the spacebar or under something else that is under the
spacebar. Do you have any suggestions?

You need the factory service manual, which has step by step instructions.
Download here (6MB PDF):

http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/edwin/...Compaq/Compaq%
20Presario/Compaq%20Presario%202100%20Series%20Mobile%20PC.pd f
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 24, 8:58 pm, Jim Land
wrote:
"BobH" wrote in news:1174755807.724229.65130
@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Hi. I have aCompaqPresario 2103 laptop that won't charge. I think
the problem is in the power jack. I have tried taking it apart to
solder the jack, but apparently there are two screws in the middle of
the computer that can't be accessed from the bottom or top. I think I
see the bottom (not the head) of one screw beneath the plastic around
where the memory plugs in. I think the heads of these two screws must
be under the spacebar or under something else that is under the
spacebar. Do you have any suggestions?

You need the factory service manual, which has step by step instructions.
Download here (6MB PDF):

http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/edwin/...Compaq/Compaq%
20Presario/Compaq%20Presario%202100%20Series%20Mobile%20PC.pd f

Thank you very much, Jim. This looks very helpful. It may convince me
that I shouldn't try it, but even if I don't use the manual for this
repair I'll probably find it useful in the future.