Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Land Jim Land is offline

Default How to take apart Compaq 2103 laptop

"BobH" wrote in news:1174755807.724229.65130
@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Hi. I have a Compaq Presario 2103 laptop that won't charge. I think
the problem is in the power jack. I have tried taking it apart to
solder the jack, but apparently there are two screws in the middle of
the computer that can't be accessed from the bottom or top. I think I
see the bottom (not the head) of one screw beneath the plastic around
where the memory plugs in. I think the heads of these two screws must
be under the spacebar or under something else that is under the
spacebar. Do you have any suggestions?

You need the factory service manual, which has step by step instructions.
Download here (6MB PDF):

http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/edwin/...Compaq/Compaq%
20Presario/Compaq%20Presario%202100%20Series%20Mobile%20PC.pd f