Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Silver Paint For Compaq Laptop

Oops! I applied acetone to remove a sticker and took off a bit of the
"silver" paint on my wife's Compaq laptop.

Any recommendation of the type/brand of spray paint to use as a touch up?

Thank you.
--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John Keiser wrote:
Oops! I applied acetone to remove a sticker and took off a bit of the
"silver" paint on my wife's Compaq laptop.

Any recommendation of the type/brand of spray paint to use as a touch up?

Thank you.
--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

See if you can find an automotive touch-up paint to match. I would use
brush-on rather than spray on unless you can really mask off the rest
of the laptop so no stray paint gets to where it shouldn't be. It
wouldn't hurt to contact Compaq and see what they suggest.

H. R. Hofmann

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"John Keiser" hath wroth:

Oops! I applied acetone to remove a sticker and took off a bit of the
"silver" paint on my wife's Compaq laptop.

Any recommendation of the type/brand of spray paint to use as a touch up?

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2850
http://www.notebookforums.com/thread147453.html
http://www.laptopdesignusa.com

I don't think you can color match the paint, but it's worth a try. As
I vaguely recall, it's somewhat conductive and is mostly used as
shielding to help pass the FCC radiation requirements. Otherwise, you
get to paint the whole laptop.

Also, you might want to ask Compaq if they could send you some more of
those unremoveable stickers (i.e. advertising) that came with the
original laptop to cover up the mistake. Perhaps some anti-friction
pads, window shelf paper, duct tape, or some decorative stick-on might
salvage your marriage.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jeff Liebermann hath wroth:

Any recommendation of the type/brand of spray paint to use as a touch up?

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2850
http://www.notebookforums.com/thread147453.html
http://www.laptopdesignusa.com

More of the same on laptop painting:
http://www.memetic-glutton.org/kate/Procedure.html
http://www.snotmonkey.com/gallery/laptop/laptop
http://www.smoothcreations.com
http://www.instructables.com/id/E4LPDFFE1UEP286IW9/
You can't convince her to turn her laptop into a work of art for arts
sake, perhaps mentioning that nobody would want to steal it after
you're finished might help.

Even better idea:
http://repair4laptop.org/notebook_modding_hacks.html
Some of these laptop modifications are truely bizarre.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"John Keiser" wrote in message news:9qadnXWgzMk79jXZnZ2dnUVZ_rydnZ2d@hawaiiantel. net...
Oops! I applied acetone to remove a sticker and took off a bit of the
"silver" paint on my wife's Compaq laptop.

Any recommendation of the type/brand of spray paint to use as a touch up?

Where was the sticker? If it was on the keyboard surround,
getting a new one installed won't be very expensive. If your
wife wants an invisible repair it might be the only alternative.
Or find a non-working unit and replace it yourself.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jeff Liebermann wrote in
:

...might salvage your marriage.

A dozen roses and dinner at a nice restaurant? (c
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thats plastic . Make sure you dont use lacquer paint it will eat at the
plastic . A nice big yellow smile face sticker is your only hope .

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Put the sticker back on..