Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Silver Paint For Compaq Laptop

"John Keiser" hath wroth:

Oops! I applied acetone to remove a sticker and took off a bit of the
"silver" paint on my wife's Compaq laptop.

Any recommendation of the type/brand of spray paint to use as a touch up?

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2850
http://www.notebookforums.com/thread147453.html
http://www.laptopdesignusa.com

I don't think you can color match the paint, but it's worth a try. As
I vaguely recall, it's somewhat conductive and is mostly used as
shielding to help pass the FCC radiation requirements. Otherwise, you
get to paint the whole laptop.

Also, you might want to ask Compaq if they could send you some more of
those unremoveable stickers (i.e. advertising) that came with the
original laptop to cover up the mistake. Perhaps some anti-friction
pads, window shelf paper, duct tape, or some decorative stick-on might
salvage your marriage.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D