DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/194315-solder-sniffers-beware-lead-%3D-bad.html)

MassiveProng March 9th 07 04:54 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:38:38 -0600, "Dave Moore"
Gave us:

And you'll still be an asshole no matter what you claim to
the contrary

When did I ever say that I was not an asshole, asshole?

or no matter how much supposed "friendly advice"
you shell out to try to cover it up with.

My remarks are facts. There is no cover up. You can absorb it, let
it whopp you upside da head and ignore it, or you can deal with the
fact that it is certainly one possibility.

Damn, dude. Are you one of those tobacco smokers that swears there
is no health issues surround that as well?

BTW, if you DO smoke, that IS a contributing factor for dexterity.
It constricts the tiny capillaries of the body, and things get Oxygen
starved, like spinal discs, teeth, your brain, etc.

So your lack of capacity to play well that night could be due to one
or more of several factors. You smoking, smokers in the same room with
you... an acid flashback, etc., etc.

Don't shoot the messenger for being Frank and Earnest, even if,in
your opinion "arrogant". That would kinda make you the asshole.

MassiveProng March 9th 07 05:00 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:55:46 -0600, "Dave Moore"
Gave us:

: Steve

Why don't you just tell him to Flux off and die

Note that your quote of him ALSO carried hi sig, so the thing IS
fuxored as he is.

The hockey team coach said to the team, Let's get the puck outta
here!

Get the flux outta our sub-thread battle! :-] Before I flux you up!

MassiveProng March 9th 07 05:01 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:57:12 -0600, "Dave Moore"
Gave us:

Phil,,, is that you ?

No, dumbass. Learn to read and interpret headers.

What's with the stupid triple coma CRAP?

MassiveProng March 9th 07 05:15 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 22:13:01 -0600, "Dave Moore"
Gave us:

I'll admit, perhaps there could be more to the story. The symptoms
started to appear whilst I was taking medication to quit smoking.

Tobacco use constricts capillaries. If you smoke THAT is your
problem, not the meds to quit.

Quit cold turkey. It is all about willpower and you already have
something to do with your hands. ;-] (no, I meant the guitar, take
your hand back out of your pants).

Seriously, I smoked two packs a day for 17 years, and I SMOKED THEM.
I started on camel non filters and Pall Malls, Quit cold turkey in
'87 and never looked back. Felt better EVERY week since.
Trust me, if you quit, you'll come back here in two or three moons
and thank me for getting you in the mindset.

THAT is the poison that is ravaging your body, AND it makes you
STINK, whether you believe it or not. It reduces productivity at work
through lack of actually putting in 8 hrs as well as the mental hit.

Dude, get up your willpower and quit.

Yes, I am an asshole, but that smoke is the devil in you right now.

nicotine = LEAD! in this case.

**** the cilantro, that just makes the stink worse. Quit smoking and
get back 5 or ten of the 30 you took away.

Folks that smoke are so good at ignoring all the data.

Do yourself a favor and believe that stats.

Do you get sore back problems?

Tobacco starves the discs of blood and they harden (firm up) over
time.

I can't be too much of an arrogant asshole if I don't even know you,
and I just spent several minutes of MY time telling you what IS
absolutely the best thing you can do for yourself right now.

Trust me, the addiction is 96% mental. WILLPOWER.

You have guitar skills... get the skill that lets you tell yourself
you are not going to pick then up again.

Guess what? A new Strat-o-caster is only a couple of smoke free
years away. Save the dollars you would normally spend on smokes, and
see what you can buy!

I'll bet you just hate to love me right now.

Too bad, if you take heed, you'll be forced to admit that I helped
you despite all you have said.

MassiveProng March 9th 07 05:17 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 22:13:01 -0600, "Dave Moore"
Gave us:

So, I'm open minded to all of the possibilities.
But admittedly, I am having a difficult time with the
remote possibilitiy that you can from afar know more
about what's happening in my life than I do,
as you seem to think you do.

Tobacco, dude. I have been there... done that.

You'll thank me, even though I doubt you'll kick yourself in the
ass.

I didn't need a remote viewing session to garner what's going on.
As soon as you said you were a smoker, I knew.

For all you know, those tobacco *******s put lead in your smokes!

So don't be a Bat's Turd! Face it, I could be VERY ACCURATE.

MassiveProng March 9th 07 05:19 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 22:21:26 -0600, "Dave Moore"
Gave us:

Interesting info, thanks. I've found a tip that I'll relay.
The trick is to sip a tablespoon of canola ,walnut, or olive oil,
or some other (high in essential fatty acids) oil, about
30 minutes before a meal.

Hemp seed butter! You can order sterilized hemp seed from Morocco
legally, and the ****ers are HUGE!

Second only to soy in protein content, full of Omega 3 and essential
acids.

Actually, they could feed starving masses with it!

Maybe one day, when the political dip****s of the world take their
heads out of their asses.

James Arthur March 9th 07 05:58 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Mar 8, 8:21 pm, "Dave Moore" wrote:
"James Arthur" wrote in oglegroups.com...

: On Mar 7, 1:29 pm, "Xtrchessreal" wrote:
:
: 30 Years later I was researching my newly diagnosed ADHD and
: found that mercury poisoning is suspected as a cause.
:
: I knew of a late-teen with severe ADHD, on medication since age 8.
: Extensive review of the medical literature, and knowledge of the
: teen's diet led me to suspect deficiency of essential fatty acids
: as a primary cause. Essential fatty acids are essential to
: adolescent growth, and to brain function.
:
: Encouraged by the success at:
:
:http://www.durhamtrial.org/
:
: an experiment was instituted with fatty acid supplements 20
: months ago (end of June, 2005).
:
: The teen stopped all medication. Life was hell for two weeks,
: then slowly improved over the next four weeks.
:
: The teen promptly grew from 5 ft to 5 ft 5.5 over the summer.
: That's
: 5 1/2 inches in three months.
:
: The kid now has complete relief of all ADHD, taking no
: drugs. The kid is just a normal, cool, super-smart kid. As long
: as the supplements are taken, that is. Kids being kids,
: often the supplements are forgotten; symptoms return
: over the next couple days. It's quite obvious. Restarting
: the supplements fixes it. Always.
:
: We also feel utter elimination of hydrgenated oils important, as
: those compete with--and are preferentially utilized by the brain
: over--the supplements, yet do not function as required.
:
: Cheers,
: James Arthur

Interesting info, thanks. I've found a tip that I'll relay.
The trick is to sip a tablespoon of canola ,walnut, or olive oil,
or some other (high in essential fatty acids) oil, about
30 minutes before a meal.
Supposedly this helps to release CCK
hormone which in turn signals the brain that it's satisfied.
Supposedly, you'll eat less 30 minutes later when meal
time comes. Certainly it couldn't hurt and may just have
other benefits.

Thanks. Fat slows digestion (gastric emptying, specifically)
and reportedly improves satiety, so it seems there's some
heathful basis for Italians dipping their bread in olive oil.

Except for walnut, though, the oils you mention are _not_
good sources of the necessary essential fatty acids / oils
(EFAs are oils). These light oil fractions spoil quite easily,
and so are ordinarily deliberately removed from olive and
canola oil during refining. Necessary, for cooking use,
but not helpful for brains.

The Durham Research Council spells out their exact
protocol. EPA, DHA, GLA. Basically, it's certain fish
and primrose oils.

For the teen, scaled to the kid's weight, it amounts to
2g of _concentrated_ omega-3s (or 4g unrefined) from
fish and one primrose capsule, per day. I figure ideally
it would be twice that, but the kid balks.

From food there are precious few good sources,
chiefly cold-water fish (salmon, fatty tuna). Grass-fed
animals. Chickens that eat bugs. Grain-fed
animals are poor sources.

Flaxseed, walnuts, and chia seeds have ample
short-chain plant-based versions (ALA) of the fatty
acids, but your body will only convert 10-20% to the
needed long-chain (animal) forms.

For anyone interested, see the Durham Research
Council site. They're really good folks, and it's written
in plain language.

http://www.durhamtrial.org/

Best,
James Arthur

Ken G. March 9th 07 06:53 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

No such thing

Dave Moore March 9th 07 08:35 AM

"MassiveProng" wrote in message ...
: On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 22:13:01 -0600, "Dave Moore"
: Gave us:
:
: I'll admit, perhaps there could be more to the story. The symptoms
: started to appear whilst I was taking medication to quit smoking.
:
:
: Tobacco use constricts capillaries. If you smoke THAT is your
: problem, not the meds to quit.
:
: Quit cold turkey. It is all about willpower and you already have
: something to do with your hands. ;-] (no, I meant the guitar, take
: your hand back out of your pants).

awww do I have to.

I quit smoking over 6 months ago

:
[...]

Crikey, now you've got the arrogance to
assume that I am still smoking. :-)

:
: Trust me, the addiction is 96% mental. WILLPOWER.

I have smoked and then quit several times in the course
of my life. Quit each time cold turkey with nothing
more than willpower. This time was different however.
Coming off a year of incredible stress and increased
workload thanks to being waxed by a hurricane and
due to the fact that I still had a lot of catching up to do
projects wise in spite of being thoroughly burned out
from it all, I opted to use a little help in the form
of Wellbutrin\Zyban this time
to ward of the depression that the lower dopamine
levels of nicotine withdrawal causes.

:
: You have guitar skills... get the skill that lets you tell yourself
: you are not going to pick then up again.
:
: Guess what? A new Strat-o-caster is only a couple of smoke free
: years away. Save the dollars you would normally spend on smokes, and
: see what you can buy!

I would buy a pack of American Spirits organic
loose leaf tobacco and roll my own.
An eight dollar can would last me over a month.
So money wasn't the issue. The condition of my
lungs was however. When you combine the years
of sucking up solder fumes and cigarette tars,
well, you get the idea.

Let's see 8 *12 = $ 96.00 Hmm, in another
10-15 years I might save enuff for a Strat,
only by then a Strat will probably be twice
as much, so maybe 30 years away from a Strat
only by then they'll be three times as much
and I'll be practically dead from old age

:
: I'll bet you just hate to love me right now.
:
: Too bad, if you take heed, you'll be forced to admit that I helped
: you despite all you have said.

Crikey, you just don't quit, do you. ;-)

Dave Moore March 9th 07 08:37 AM

[...]

Actually, the brand of tobacco I smoked is untreated with chemicals
supposedly. IOW they don't use bug spray on the insecticide.

Dave Moore March 9th 07 08:40 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"MassiveProng" wrote in message ...
: On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:57:12 -0600, "Dave Moore"
: Gave us:
:
:
: Phil,,, is that you ?
:
:
: No, dumbass. Learn to read and interpret headers.
:
: What's with the stupid triple coma CRAP?

ahha!!! only Phil would be anal about the triple comma crap.
I knew it.

Dave Moore March 9th 07 08:50 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"MassiveProng" wrote
in message ...

: On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:38:38 -0600, "Dave Moore"
: Gave us:
:
: Like as if you have some psychic ability to divine from afar
: my ability to discern between imaginary and real problems
: or symptoms.
:
:
: I soldered for years. Cast bullets, and fishing sinkers for years.
:
: Had lead tests done a few years back with similar, but not quite so
: paranoid thoughts as yours.

So, what did you have? Blood tests? What would that prove?
Would it tell you if there are any metals blocking the neuro-receptors
in your brain? Or just whether your blood serum levels were either
high or low at the time.

:
: Not a trace. IIRC (hehehe that's a joke, son.) (Rooster
: inflection). I remember the results.
:
: So yeah... maybe a bit arrogant, but I do speak from knowledge and
: experience.

At least there's no question you think you do.

: From your post title, I'd say the opposite of you in the
: lead/body infusion regard anyway.

:
: So pay head and get off the excessive selenium, if any, and get
: tested, and move on.

Man, you do make a lot of assumptions. I take selenium in the
form of yeast tablets that are available in almost any food store
or pharmacy and only in accordance with the instructions on the
bottle. Where ever did you get this "excessive selenium" notion?

:
: You were probably just not as attentive that night, and WERE MORE
: attentive on the subsequent session. Hence the psychosomatic
: reference. No big deal if you don't make it one.

Dave Moore March 9th 07 09:30 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"MassiveProng" wrote in message ...
: On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:38:38 -0600, "Dave Moore"
: Gave us:
:
:
: Obviously, you are confusing me with somebody that give's a rats
: ass about your asshole opinions.
:
:
: Apparently you do to some degree, or you wouldn't be responding so
: angrily based on the mere fact that your fears are essentially
: baseless.

Man, I've never seen anyone rattle off such load of presumptuous
poop in my life.

The only thing I could possibly be remotely angry about is
the similarity of your position to the whackazoids that whine and
complain about all of the people who choose to do what they can
to slow Global Warming. The whackazoids go on and on
about things like whether Al Gore drives a polluting vehicle
or whether some groups stand to profit from the green
movement or whether Global warming is being
caused by man or occuring naturally etc., etc.,
Yet they'll acknowledge that Global Warming is happening.
So what the heck is all the obssession with petty details.
Global Warming is happening and I and anyone with at
least half a functioning brain can see that regardless of all that
petty crap they whine about, the obvious thing to do is to
atempt to mitigate our contribution to it. yet that doesn't stop
them from whining on and on about it.

So in essence, your stance on this subject of lead poisoning
seems to be pretty much along this same ridiculous line of
reasoning. You point to some study that in your mind indicates
that lead can't get from solder into your system, or that
the mercury from amalgam can only get into your system
at the initial time of insertion.
Well firstly, I have doubts about your sources of information,
but secondly and even more important,

the BIGGIE here;

is that it doesn't even really matter anyway because
if I get rid the amalgam fillings and get rid of lead based
solders, it won't really matter if your sources of information
are correct or not. It becomes a frikken moot point !!!

three exclamation points and an un-capitalized t
to send yer arse into a spastic convulsion

Same with the Global Warming issue We can only do
whatever it is we can do about Global warming. So if
we just do whatever it is we *can* do, then all of the
debates about it's causes become a moot point.
cause we're already doing all we can anyway.

So do I give a damn about the winner of some
controversy when I have the option of re-aligning
my life in such a way as to make the controversy
irrelevant anyway?

I mean, it's like say you have two roads that you can
traverse.
One is near a cliff and the other is a good safe distance
from the cliff. I suppose you could form an investigating
committee and draw forth ever publication you can find
about the history of people that have traveled the cliff path.
Then you could bring in a team of statistics experts,
infrastucture engineers etc., etc., and debate till your blue
in the face whether it's safe to go down the cliff road.

Or,,, you could just take the other road.

Dood! I'm taking the other road.
Comprende?

:
: There would be a HUGE statistical data reference if folks that
: worked in electronics with direct exposure to metallic form lead were
: having problems with high lead counts in their bodies, or any of the
: associated illnesses surrounding high lead counts in their bodies.
:
: In other words, dude... WE WOULD KNOW IF IT WERE A PROBLEM.
: It has literally been over half a century since Western Electric had
: the mothers of folks like you and me soldering their asses off with
: even higher lead content alloys than we use now.
:
: The making a mountain out of a dung beetle ball syndrome comes to
: mind. That would be several orders of magnitude in size difference.
:
: Yet more proof that RoHS is bull**** as well.

Well, what can I say, enjoy the cliff road.
The other road is just fine for me. Yet you'll somehow convince
yourself that you're smarter for taking the cliff road no doubt

MassiveProng March 9th 07 09:31 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 02:40:31 -0600, "Dave Moore"
Gave us:

"MassiveProng" wrote in message ...
: On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:57:12 -0600, "Dave Moore"
: Gave us:
:
:
: Phil,,, is that you ?
:
:
: No, dumbass. Learn to read and interpret headers.
:
: What's with the stupid triple coma CRAP?

ahha!!! only Phil would be anal about the triple comma crap.
I knew it.

AHHHA! With a stupid remark like that, I take it all back. You do
have a problem with LEAD and nicotine in your diet!

Dave Moore March 9th 07 09:33 AM

[...]

Frank and earnest is fine, but when presumtuous and
not very intelligent, it can gets a bit tedious.

insert hissy fit here______________________

MassiveProng March 9th 07 09:34 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 02:50:09 -0600, "Dave Moore"
Gave us:

Man, you do make a lot of assumptions. I take selenium in the
form of yeast tablets that are available in almost any food store
or pharmacy and only in accordance with the instructions on the
bottle. Where ever did you get this "excessive selenium" notion?

You sounded real enthused about your "results" with it.

It is in regular every day supplements so if you are already taking
those...

If you get too much, you wont even be able to come back to
acknowledge that I told you so. :-]

Dave Moore March 9th 07 09:35 AM

[...]

Ok, *now* you are being helpful , thanks :-)

Dave Moore March 9th 07 09:40 AM

"James Arthur" wrote in message oups.com...
: On Mar 8, 8:21 pm, "Dave Moore" wrote:
: "James Arthur" wrote in oglegroups.com...
:
: : On Mar 7, 1:29 pm, "Xtrchessreal" wrote:
: :
[...]
: From food there are precious few good sources,
: chiefly cold-water fish (salmon, fatty tuna). Grass-fed
: animals. Chickens that eat bugs. Grain-fed
: animals are poor sources.
:
: Flaxseed, walnuts, and chia seeds have ample
: short-chain plant-based versions (ALA) of the fatty
: acids, but your body will only convert 10-20% to the
: needed long-chain (animal) forms.
:
: For anyone interested, see the Durham Research
: Council site. They're really good folks, and it's written
: in plain language.
:
: http://www.durhamtrial.org/
:
: Best,
: James Arthur

Thanks, I'll check it out. I already eat Salmon
pretty regularly. Great brian food,, except for
the mercury content which dulls the brian )`:

So I've taken to on occasion chopping up salmon
and cilantro together with a bit of mayo on bread.
Guess it's what might be considered a
Mexican tuna samich.
:

Stephen Cowell March 9th 07 02:12 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"PassiveHmong" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:55:52 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

You have aural induced brain damage.

Can't you find bigger words?

Wouldn't want to bruise what little brains you have, boy.

Didn't think so.... btw, it should be 'aurally', if you're
using English...
__
Steve
..

Stephen Cowell March 9th 07 02:20 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"FlaccidBong" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 03:04:57 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

We aren't stupid... your assertion is simply
that, Argumentum ad Assertum, or whatever
the frick it is... anyway, I got picture.

Yes, dumbass, we know.

OK, now you assert that the editorial you knows:
1) the editorial 'we' is not stupid
2) your argument is merely an assertion, no facts
3) I have picture and you don't

Thanks for conceding... now limp home, unless you
want to lose the *other* buttock...

You have the picture that PROVES that you are not talking about
ROSIN flux, as you claimed, and it also proves that you don't know a
goddamned thing about soldering technology or the materials used
therein.

You *could* have gone to Wiki... or remained ignorant.
Which did he choose?

Good job, dip****. Your picture proves YOU wrong.

You are an easy kill, dufus.

Kinda like Tom Cruise and the blind shot he made to win that game...

I didn't even have to try to beat you. You laid the path, then
strolled down it all by yourself, and you persist ad nauseum.

I got picture, you got squat. Pwned!11!!!!
__
Steve
..
silly fruit de mer...

Stephen Cowell March 9th 07 02:28 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"SpasticFlong" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 03:04:57 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

Sorry, a real person *always* trumps a sock, especially
when the sock is so patently offensive.

Where do these retards come from that make this stupid **** up?

Indeed... tell us.

Dude, you don't even rate 4-F!

I can sit here at the bar at the end of the universe, listening to
The Band, and the original Genesis and KNOW that I come from a time
when honor meant more to a man than life!

Now I *know* you're lame... that **** curdles the
mind. I had college roomies whacked out on the
Band and Genesis... sad sight (and sounds, too).
And know that Doug Adams references are *so*
yesterday...

You, on the other hand, cannot even admit that you ****ing made an
errant assumption.

Why should I? If you can't even use logic, or create
a proper argument, why should I? I'm in conversation
with a dolt, here.... why bother?

I am as real as it gets, ****er, and I don't go 'round morphing
quoted text like you do, so don't spew horse**** about being real in
Usenet, jackass. You rate "Real Troll" in that analysis.

Of course I'm trolling you... and I'm reeling them in, at a rate
of 3/1. MassivePrawn, you don't deserve any more! You
are sport, mariscos in my UseNet! Scampi for everyone!
__
Steve
..

Stephen Cowell March 9th 07 02:39 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"MissiveWrong" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 03:11:38 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

"PassiveDong" wrote in
message
. ..
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 07:11:47 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

"FlaccidProng" wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 06:33:44 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

well, yes, as you point out, I *do* know a thing or three about
contacts, both leaf and reed. Have *you* ever had your hands
inside a Hammond Organ?

I worked at Baldwin, you retarded ****. **** Hammond.

I didn't think so... I used to have a Baldwin, once...
left it at the dump, no usable stuff inside. I suppose
you're the one that invented those silicon contacts?
The ones that are unobtainable, and render the unit
unrepairable (thank god, anyway!).

Let's see... google Hammond and get some lame electronic parts
place.

Google Baldwin, and get...

WHAT'S THIS?! A PIANO AND ORGAN COMPANY!

Imagine that. The dip**** clings to outdated CRAP like acid flux
(NOT ROSIN), which is not even meant for electronics, and Organs which
no longer have a maker.

You could be a bit more clueless, but not in this life.

That's pretty funny... you prefer Baldwins to Hammonds...
I'm imagining you with a Baldwin-like smirk on your face.
Sort of like preferring Teen Beat magazine to a da Vinci
painting, but in a smellier way.

Said the text morphing Usenet dope.

MassivePrawn, you can end all this by going away...
but I don't think you can. Like a car wreck.

I read EE Times, and Sky and Telescope, and Scientific American, and
Linux Format, and Machine Design and NASA Tech Briefs, Etc.

??? Is that what makes you a MassivePrawn?

I work on 30GHz Over The Horizon SatCom Networking systems. Any
smirk I give related to Baldwin is that of one at them for knowing
what they lost when I left there for greener pastures 25 years ago.

Hey, they're still in business! And you're being trolled by
a Usenet Dope (tm)! Have you no life?

And 30GHz is for pikers! That was middling frequency on
my VLBA dish... oh, I forgot to mention, I was chief
site tech in Fort Davis for four years. How's *your*
25m radio-telescope? Oh, you don't have one? How sad...

You sit and pound your pud all day.

And this is supposed to be bad *how*?

I have done more to make the world a better place in the last 2
years than you will in your entire life, boy.

Slowly committing suicide, eh?

So admit you were wrong and move on, 4-F chump.

I got picture, and Wiki! Your gal ain't doodley squat.
__
Steve
..

www.china-powerseller.com March 9th 07 02:42 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

Dear friend :
It is my fortunate writing to you . you will discover this is a wealth
accumulation place.
The website of our company is http://www.china-powerseller.com
We are a big agent for Laptop
Mobile Phone\Digital Camera\CDJ\DJM\Apple Ipod\PSP\VEDEO GAMES
\Television\GPS\Telescope in CHINA .
All of our commodities is the most advanced quality but lowest price.
we also have the

safest and most
convenient transaction way to guarante the transaction arries on
normally .
looking forward to your coorporation and cause all of us both to
profit.
you can contact us by Email:china.seller#hotmail.com
MSN: china.seller#hotmail.com
best wishes!
your sincerely

http://www.china-powerseller.com
MSN/Email:

Stephen Cowell March 9th 07 02:47 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"FlaccidThong" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 03:19:30 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

"FlatulentPrawn" wrote
in
message ...
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 07:22:57 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

Einstein, it's not the contacts that are cadmium... the
leaves are cadmium plate. The contacts are self-cleaning,
as all contacts are... but *you* knew that, right?

Switching to platinum contacts would ALSO involve new, NON Cadmium
"fingers", dip****.

Why not just change the whole thing into a Baldwin?
Then it could be the *best*!

Well? Let's change all Hammonds to Baldwins! Then we
can Bomb the Baldwins! (South Park ref)

Pretty simple ****, but I don't expect an meth addled doper to be
able to grasp the process. Hell, you don't even know how to make a
sig work properly.

MassivePrawn, I'm deeply touched that you would clue
me in about my .sig. That is *indeed* a sign of true
friendship... however, the sig I use has been good for
many years. Perhaps it's the cocktail sauce on your
monitor?

Snipped failed sig signifier

Steve

Idiot! If your sig was good, it would NOT be showing up in my
quoted text. I suggest you ask someone you know that can hold your
hand through the facts, because this is yet another area where you are
simply ****ing wrong, dip****.

See above for a clue as to why you are wrong.

I see that you finally learned how to edit text...
if I wanted my sig gone, I know what to do.
****ing you off is just a bonus.

You see, MassivePrawn, your name itself is so
offensive that I can do no wrong, as long as I'm
spoofing you. We knew before the characters
came out of your keyboard that you sucked...
because of the ****ty name you chose. It helps
ever-so-much that you are a complete asshole...
you have no clue how much.
__
Steve
..

MassiveProng March 9th 07 02:47 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:12:17 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

"PassiveHmong" wrote in
message ...

You're a ****ing retard, boy.

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:55:52 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

You have aural induced brain damage.

Can't you find bigger words?

Wouldn't want to bruise what little brains you have, boy.

Didn't think so...

You're an idiot.

. btw, it should be 'aurally', if you're
using English...

Nope. Either is correct.

__
Steve

Still can't figure that ****ed up sig out, eh?

MassiveProng March 9th 07 02:48 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:20:08 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

Pwned!11!!!!

The gang boy retard language fits you well. Doesn't make you any
more correct, however.

You probably wear your pants down past your asscrack too.

Stephen Cowell March 9th 07 02:49 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"PassiveWrong" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 03:27:51 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

But at least I'm not a MassivePrawn, rubbing my
prawniness in everyone's faces...

I am more like an electric eel that has stunned you with the facts.
After you recover, maybe then you'll admit the mistake.

Since you keep morphing text, however, I doubt it. You lose 20 IQ
points every time you post. Not much left, Chucko.

Me: pic. You: cocktail sauce.
Your flames lick me.... over and over.
__
Steve
..

Stephen Cowell March 9th 07 02:50 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"SpasticFling" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 03:27:51 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

You're just ****ed because you suffer from foot in mouth disease,
and need to flail your arms like a little dip****.

Me: picture. You: diddley.

Yes, you picture of proof that you ****ed up.

Me, knowledge of the industry.

Here... I'll clear it up for you...

That **** you have from GC HAS Zinc Chloride in it. That in no way
means that rosin flux has Zinc Chloride in it.

It is an example of rosin flux that has been 'activated'
via Zinc Chloride.

NOPE.

Is too, MassivePrawn!
__
Steve
..

MassiveProng March 9th 07 02:51 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:28:12 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

Now I *know* you're lame... that **** curdles the
mind. I had college roomies whacked out on the
Band and Genesis... sad sight (and sounds, too).

You're an idiot. As I said, I was NOT talking about Phil Baby's
crap, I was talking about the original.

Phil should have stayed a drummer. At that, he was good.

Where are all your albums at, Mr. CritiqueTard?

That's what I thought.

You lose.... again.

Jeff L March 9th 07 05:42 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Stephen Cowell" wrote in message
. net...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Dave Moore" wrote in message

Anyway, finally, it dawned on me that perhaps
30 years involved in electronics with a good
20 of them heavily involved in prototyping guitar
amp designs, might have taken it's toll. So I did some
research online and discovered that indeed my symptoms
just might well be those of lead poisoning.

Lead as a metal does not fume at soldering temperatures, such that it

can
be ingested in that way. The fumes and vapour that you see when
soldering, are from the flux contained in the solder, burning away.

There
is some evidence that prolongued exposure to the rosin based fluxes

used
to date, can cause respiratory tract ailments such as industrial

asthma,
and may in extreme circumstances be carcinogenic.

Rosin has Zinc Chloride in it... I've been poisoned with
zinc before (welding) and you need to drink milk for
the chelating calcium in it. Bad sick headache... not sure
of prolonged low-level exposure, but fume hoods are nice.
__
Steve
.

That's a new one on me. I had always understood rosin to be a fairly

benign
material - at least when not heated up - made from naturally occuring pine
resin. Is the zinc chloride something that has been added in to make the
rosin suitable for some specific purpose ?

Arfa

Zinc Chloride is used in plumbers flux, ie Acid flux paste. Not something
you want on or near electronics, even wires for that matter.

Claude V. Lucas March 9th 07 07:51 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Dave Moore" wrote in message

[...]

More than a few people have mentioned that to Cowell.

Evidentally he is too stupid to listen.

ehsjr March 9th 07 11:24 PM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

Stephen Cowell wrote:
"ehsjr" wrote in message

CompUser wrote:

In article kfavu21bl2hefb9p7t17v3sn7hqj90duga@
4ax.com, says...

Here, look at this picture...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7231750@N05/414282820/

Again I say, you stupid ****:

Show me where ANY other flux maker has any such warnings.

Also, do you have any clue as to how old that **** is?

LoL! ...so if he shows another, will you ask for a third? And age has
to do with...what?

It looks like : Cowell 1, Prong 0

Nope. Cowell produced a tin of ... what?
To prove his point, which was "Rosin has Zinc Chloride in it"
he needs to establish:
1) That the tin contains (or contained) flux
2) That the flux is rosin flux

Even if we can assume 1 above is true, 2 is false.

We aren't stupid... your assertion is simply
that, Argumentum ad Assertum, or whatever
the frick it is...

No - you are just sidestepping the zinc chloride
evidence.

anyway, I got picture.

Your picture nowhere indicates that it is rosin flux,
which is the issue on which Compuser based his scoring,
and the issue which John Fields, Massive Prong, myself
and others find at fault. Back in the day, putting
"contains zinc chloride" on the tin was sufficient to
know it was acid flux. Now they put the word "acid" on
the container.

"I got picture" too, since a picture seems to mean so
much to you:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7339875@N08/415764552/

The label in the picture shows "Kester SP-30 Acid Paste Flux"
and "Flux Contains Zinc Chloride"
Its the kind of flux used in plumbing, not electronics.

What he has (or had) in the tin, is acid flux.

It says "Non-Corrosive Soldering Paste" on
the front. It says "Radio Chemicals" on the
back.

Read it some more. Your picture of it shows, in bold
type, "OTHER PRODUCTS" with the GC Electronics logo
betweeen the words. It shows
"COMPLETE LINE OF RADIO CHEMICALS AND SERVICE AIDS"
under that. That does not identify the contents
of the can as a "Radio Chemical", only that their
_Other_ products are "radio chemicals". It seems to
indicate that this particular can does not contain
"radio chemicals". Otherwise the word "other" would not
appear on the can. And "radio chemicals" is undefined.
But all that becomes moot when zinc chloride makes the
stuff acid flux.

The fact that the label says "Contains Zinc Chloride"
indicates that it is acid flux. The goo is petroleoum
jelly to make it a paste, and is common to both acid and
rosin flux. Either the acidic substance (in this case
zinc chloride) or rosin is the "activator" and is what
makes the distinction between rosin flux and acid flux.

The flux is a deep brown goo... and
by golly, it smells just like rosin flux! And
you know the best part... it works like a
champ!

The "contains zinc chloride" written on the label tells
you that. So if you use your scoring system, it is
Cowell 0, Prong 1

Sorry, a real person *always* trumps a sock, especially
when the sock is so patently offensive.

But the "scoring" isn't the key point.
The sad thing is the possible use by Mr. Cowell, yourself,
or others of an acid flux on electronic gear.

How about 'non-corrosive' flux? I *urge* all of you to
go to Wikipedia and read up on 'activated' fluxes...

Wikipedia *clearly* warns against using acid flux on
electronics:

"The two principal types of flux are acid flux, used for metal mending,
and rosin flux, used in electronics, where the corrosiveness of the
vapours that arise when acid flux is heated could damage components."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solder

It also indicates that zinc chloride is one of the chemicals
that makes it acid flux:
"Acid flux types (not used in electronics) may contain zinc chloride or
ammonium chloride, both of which are harmful to humans."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flux_(metallurgy)

You can go to the U.S. Department of Energy in the Chemical
Archive:
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../chem03278.htm

and read this:
'"Acid" flux is the stronger class of flux; it has something like
hydrochloric acid in it. (The paste form has zinc chloride.) '

or FOAD, for all I care. I just like kicking around
someone that uses "MassivePrawn" for a handle.
I'll probably get to heaven for it, even though I'm
an atheist.
__
Steve
.

Whatever your motive, the information you presented
is incorrect, and could lead someone to believe that
he/she can use solder paste containing zinc chloride
on electronic circuitry, with no ill effect. That is
a *bad* practice, and we are specifically warned against
doing so.

Go to the url below and scroll down about 3/4 of the
page to see a picture of Kester acid paste flux and
rosin paste flux containers. Get some SP-44 and use
that on electronics when you need flux.
http://www.action-electronics.com/kester.htm#Flux
You will see the warning against using acid flux
on electronics there, as well.

Ed

Stephen Cowell March 10th 07 12:33 AM

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Dave Moore" wrote in message

[...]

You dumbasses can't even Wiki, can you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldering

Traditional rosin fluxes are available in non-activated (R), mildly
activated (RMA) and activated (RA) formulations. RA and RMA fluxes contain
rosin combined with an activating agent, typically an acid, which increases
the wettability of metals to which it is applied by removing existing
oxides. The residue resulting from the use of RA flux is corrosive and must
be cleaned off the piece being soldered. RMA flux is formulated to result in
a residue which is not significantly corrosive, with cleaning being
preferred but optional.
/

I have a jar of RMA rosin flux... I assure you that it
contains zinc chloride.
__
Steve
..

Stephen Cowell March 10th 07 12:35 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"MassiveBong" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:12:17 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

"PassiveHmong" wrote in
message ...

You're a ****ing retard, boy.

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:55:52 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

You have aural induced brain damage.

Can't you find bigger words?

Wouldn't want to bruise what little brains you have, boy.

Didn't think so...

You're an idiot.

Owns *you*.

. btw, it should be 'aurally', if you're
using English...

Nope. Either is correct.

__
Steve

Still can't figure that ****ed up sig out, eh?

Go read the FAQ for rec.motorycycles.harley, then
TAFFAARD.
__
Steve
..

Stephen Cowell March 10th 07 12:36 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"MassiveProng" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:20:08 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

Pwned!11!!!!

The gang boy retard language fits you well. Doesn't make you any
more correct, however.

You probably wear your pants down past your asscrack too.

More anal padiddle! He gets visual... boner popped.
__
Steve
..

Stephen Cowell March 10th 07 12:39 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"PassiveThong" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:28:12 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

Now I *know* you're lame... that **** curdles the
mind. I had college roomies whacked out on the
Band and Genesis... sad sight (and sounds, too).

You're an idiot. As I said, I was NOT talking about Phil Baby's
crap, I was talking about the original.

Phil was in the Band?

MassivePrawn, as stoned Stan Marsh: "Phil Collins rocks
the house"... limply.

Phil should have stayed a drummer. At that, he was good.

I'm sure his Oscar thanks you....

Where are all your albums at, Mr. CritiqueTard?

That's what I thought.

You lose.... again.

I only lose time, kicking giant shrimp... smelly!
__
Steve
..

Stephen Cowell March 10th 07 12:41 AM

"ehsjr" wrote in message

CompUser wrote:

[...]

Not when it contains rosin... go read the Wiki I posted.
That crap in your tin is white... mine is deep brown.
__
Steve
..

MassiveProng March 10th 07 01:17 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:39:58 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

Said the text morphing Usenet dope.

MassivePrawn, you can end all this by going away...
but I don't think you can. Like a car wreck.

**** you telling people where they can post.

You have to be one of the most retarded Usenet posters I have seen
in some time. Your little morphisms proves that, then you take it to
a new plane of stupidity by actually thinking that you can order
others around.

Watch out... a monolith might fall on you, monkey boy.

You prove with every post you make that you are no more than a drug
addled old stupid **** from way back.

I prefer discourse with folks that have at least ten percent of their
brain tissue in functioning order.

You don't rate, dip****. Maybe it was all the Zinc Chloride flux
fumes you have been inhaling like a ****ing retard.

MassiveProng March 10th 07 01:25 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:39:58 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

And 30GHz is for pikers!

You're an idiot.

You could never even approach 10Gb/s comms in your pathetic day, and
your commander would shoot you if you tried using acid flux on his
gear.

That was middling frequency on
my VLBA dish... oh, I forgot to mention, I was chief
site tech in Fort Davis for four years.

Chief of stupidity perhaps... that's about it.
Whoopie ****in doo.

How's *your*
25m radio-telescope?

Don't need one. We gots Chandra, dip****.
Radio observations are old hat. We *se* black holes and such these
days.

Oh, you don't have one? How sad...

You're out of tune, little boy.
My company likely built the one you merely *used*.

That's all you amount to... a USER. And a pretty sad one at that.

You're an E-1 grade putz. That's what you rate, dumbass. It has
nothing to do with what some other incompetent twit may have promoted
you to.

MassiveProng March 10th 07 01:51 AM

Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:47:03 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

I see that you finally learned how to edit text...
if I wanted my sig gone, I know what to do.
****ing you off is just a bonus.

Who ever said that I was ****ed off, you utter ****ing clueless
retard?

You "know" nothing. You ****ed up, and you can't even admit that.