Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 12 volt Transfomer

Hi
Can anyone give me some advice on my caravan transformer, the
transformer buzzes but no power comes out.
Thank you for any help at all

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"postielady" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
Can anyone give me some advice on my caravan transformer, the
transformer buzzes but no power comes out.

Could be a bad connection or an open secondary (unusual). If it buzzes, the
primary is energized.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In message , Neilish
writes
I think the O.P. might be talking about an invertor (dc in ac out).

I would think he's talking about the charger for the battery but you
could be right of course.

--
Clint Sharp

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1 Mar, 22:10, "postielady" wrote:
Hi
Can anyone give me some advice on my caravan transformer, the
transformer buzzes but no power comes out.
Thank you for any help at all

yes, if you tell us the necessary info.

NT

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by postielady
Hi
Can anyone give me some advice on my caravan transformer, the
transformer buzzes but no power comes out.
Thank you for any help at all
It could be any of the following:-

1, The 240 volt primary winding could be U/S
2, The 12 output winding is burnt out
3, The 12 volt fuse has blown

Try to get the manual for the van, it should contain a circuit diagram, if you can get a manual it is pretty easy to follow.

Regards

Oldeng