Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default teac ct-m805sr - DEAD.

Hi people, got the psu out of this rather large CRT set sitting
infrount of me here, (rest is out in my shed in bits.) I need help on
tracking down IC902 might be, as it has had the frount blown off the
chip leaving no markings. It is a 9 pin device sharing a big heatsink
with the bridge rectifier.

I probably also try to find out what made it go bang, it did have a
small slater crawling around in it when first pulled apart but no sign
ofany of its toasted brothers, fuse is intact, filter cap is staying
fully charged.

Any help would be appreciated, its an older set now but I think screen
size may save it from scrap if nothing else (80cm)

Joe.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"toranaboy14" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi people, got the psu out of this rather large CRT set sitting
infrount of me here, (rest is out in my shed in bits.) I need help on
tracking down IC902 might be, as it has had the frount blown off the
chip leaving no markings. It is a 9 pin device sharing a big heatsink
with the bridge rectifier.

Rectifier is probably a Schottky. IC is a switch of some sort. Make, model
etc for TV set?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"toranaboy14" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi people, got the psu out of this rather large CRT set sitting
infrount of me here, (rest is out in my shed in bits.) I need help on
tracking down IC902 might be, as it has had the frount blown off the
chip leaving no markings. It is a 9 pin device sharing a big heatsink
with the bridge rectifier.

I probably also try to find out what made it go bang, it did have a
small slater crawling around in it when first pulled apart but no sign
ofany of its toasted brothers, fuse is intact, filter cap is staying
fully charged.

Any help would be appreciated, its an older set now but I think screen
size may save it from scrap if nothing else (80cm)

Joe.

Whats a slater? Bug? Lizard? Alien life form?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 15 Feb 2007 23:23:53 -0800, "toranaboy14" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi people, got the psu out of this rather large CRT set sitting
infrount of me here, (rest is out in my shed in bits.) I need help on
tracking down IC902 might be, as it has had the frount blown off the
chip leaving no markings. It is a 9 pin device sharing a big heatsink
with the bridge rectifier.

My memory is very poor, but could it be a TDA4601 regulator?

I probably also try to find out what made it go bang, ...

Replace all the small electrolytic caps on the primary side of the
supply.

... it did have a
small slater crawling around in it when first pulled apart but no sign
ofany of its toasted brothers, fuse is intact, filter cap is staying
fully charged.

Any help would be appreciated, its an older set now but I think screen
size may save it from scrap if nothing else (80cm)

Joe.

A service manual is available for AU$22:
http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/pr...s_id=13055 59

Otherwise you could rent one from High Country:
http://www.hcsd.com.au/

- Franc Zabkar

TEAC GF-350 [email protected] Electronics 3 May 27th 06 06:37 AM
TEAC T.V. Jarrad W Electronics Repair 1 September 30th 05 05:29 AM
Help on Teac AG-360S receiver Tech at SIS Electronics Repair 0 October 25th 03 07:30 PM
Teac Receiver No Sound Sarah Electronics Repair 3 August 11th 03 03:20 AM
problem with a TEAC CD-Z500 Alex Electronics Repair 2 July 29th 03 07:44 AM