Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Using a pre-heater to reflow solder on a board

I have a board with lots of parts. Most all through hole. I think
there is a cold solder joint on it somewhere. Can I use a pre-
heater. The ones you see being sold for SMD rework? Will this work?
If so what should I set it for. I know it is not made for this but I
don't have a oven, and don't want to buy one. It would take me hours
and hours to reflow each joint. Has anyone tried this? Is the only
way to do it one at a time or an oven? or ??

Thansk
Uriah