Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video

Default Can you identify this JVC power plug?

Hi,

I wonder if someone here can help me identify this power plug, used by
JVC in its digital camcorders

http://computerlogin.com/ebay/cable/JVC_14U_2.JPG

Is it proprietary, as I suspect? Or can this part be easily obtained?.
I've seen cheap Chinese "oem chargers" out there, which come with this
power plug, so someone must be manufacturing the part.

Ideas? Thoughts?. I'd like to create a few super-long charger cables
for my camera, without cutting my original charger or going through the
hassle of buying separate chargers and doing the "cut cable, solder and
extend it".

In fact, I'm even thinking about doing my own 12V DC wiring and having
power outputs for the camera on several locations.

So, the $1M question is... what's the name of this plug? where can I
obtain this part (I'd buy more than one).

FC

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video

wrote in news:1167918018.776701.123830@
11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com:

I wonder if someone here can help me identify this power plug, used by
JVC in its digital camcorders

http://computerlogin.com/ebay/cable/JVC_14U_2.JPG

Can't tell from the picture what the prongs look like. Can you take
another couple photos, closer, from two different angles?