Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default AT&T 962 speakerphone wall wart

I got this one at a thrift store for a few bucks, minus the adapter. If
anybody has this model, or a similar one, can you look at it for the
volts/amps/polarity...ac/dc?

There are no markings whatsoever on the power jack, and no indication on
the data plate. Some AT&T models I've seen use ac supplies. I opened
it up and saw what I supposed to be four surface-mount diodes
immediately adjacent to the connections from the power jack. They
didn't look too robust, so I'm a little reluctant to feed the thing ac.
Additionally it takes four AA cells and has a 7806 regulator, with 6.3
volt electrolytics in the power section; but it gonna be difficult to
trace out the entire power circuit...especially if I can get a ready answer.

It's discontinued, so I can't just look at it in a store...google is no
help.

jak

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hello,

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 14:03:51 -0600, jakdedert
said to us:

I got this one at a thrift store for a few bucks, minus the adapter. If
anybody has this model, or a similar one, can you look at it for the
volts/amps/polarity...ac/dc?

Amazon has some technical specs:

http://www.amazon.com/AT-962-2-Line-...755983-1174214

Regards,

Kris.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

said to us:

I got this one at a thrift store for a few bucks, minus the adapter. If
anybody has this model, or a similar one, can you look at it for the
volts/amps/polarity...ac/dc?

Amazon has some technical specs:

http://www.amazon.com/AT-962-2-Line-...755983-1174214

I'm sorry. I looked at several 'shopping' sites and didn't find
anything...not like me. Google is my friend.

OTOH, I might have guessed, given the above. I just didn't want to
chance it....

Thanks

jak

Regards,

Kris.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

said to us:

I got this one at a thrift store for a few bucks, minus the adapter. If
anybody has this model, or a similar one, can you look at it for the
volts/amps/polarity...ac/dc?

Amazon has some technical specs:

http://www.amazon.com/AT-962-2-Line-...755983-1174214

I'm sorry. I looked at several 'shopping' sites and didn't find
anything...not like me. Google is my friend.

OTOH, I might have guessed, given the above. I just didn't want to
chance it....

Thanks

http://telephones.att.com/telephones_ui/support/dsp_manuals_list.cfm
lists about 100 AT&T manuals, but no 962. I have a pile of AT&T AC
adapters from scrapped cordless phones so I mave have one, if you don't.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida