Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John

Default Linksys router wall wart?

Hello,

I have a Linksys router model BEFVP41 with now power source.

I need to know the polarity of the power source plug that plugs into
it. Is the center of the coaxial connector the positive or negative
lead?

I would also be helpful to know the diameter of the plug.

Thanks.

John

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Kevin S.

Are you sure it's a round coaxial-type power source? Most Linksys
devices I've seen use a little triangular connector with a positive,
negative and ground pin... I can give you the likely pinouts for that
if it'll help. I have a BEFSR41 Probably uses the same power supply,
they're pretty standard.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Travis Jordan

John wrote:
I have a Linksys router model BEFVP41 with now power source.

I need to know the polarity of the power source plug that plugs into
it. Is the center of the coaxial connector the positive or negative
lead?

I would also be helpful to know the diameter of the plug.

There are 2 different modems from Linksys designated BEFVP41. Which one
do you have?

Version 1 has 3 indicators on each port, Link/Act, Full/Coll, and 100
for the LAN ports, and Link, Act, and Diag for the WAN port. It uses a 5
VDC supply. Version 2 has a single indicator LED for each LAN Port and
WAN Port and uses a 12 VDC supply.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John

Travis,

It must be BEFVP41 Version 1, since it does have 3 indicators on each
of the four ports and also three for the WAN port labeled as decribed
in your post.

Regards,

John

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:20:22 GMT, "Travis Jordan"
wrote:

John wrote:
I have a Linksys router model BEFVP41 with now power source.

I need to know the polarity of the power source plug that plugs into
it. Is the center of the coaxial connector the positive or negative
lead?

I would also be helpful to know the diameter of the plug.

There are 2 different modems from Linksys designated BEFVP41. Which one
do you have?

Version 1 has 3 indicators on each port, Link/Act, Full/Coll, and 100
for the LAN ports, and Link, Act, and Diag for the WAN port. It uses a 5
VDC supply. Version 2 has a single indicator LED for each LAN Port and
WAN Port and uses a 12 VDC supply.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Travis Jordan

John wrote:
It must be BEFVP41 Version 1, since it does have 3 indicators on each
of the four ports and also three for the WAN port labeled as decribed
in your post.

Most of the Linksys 5VDC adapters are about 2.0 amp output and use 2.1mm
or 2.5mm ID plugs.

Good luck!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John

Travis,

Do you happen to know the polarity of the plug?

Is the center pin positive or negative?

Regards,

John

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:34:01 GMT, "Travis Jordan"
wrote:

John wrote:
It must be BEFVP41 Version 1, since it does have 3 indicators on each
of the four ports and also three for the WAN port labeled as decribed
in your post.

Most of the Linksys 5VDC adapters are about 2.0 amp output and use 2.1mm
or 2.5mm ID plugs.

Good luck!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Travis Jordan

John wrote:
Do you happen to know the polarity of the plug?

Sorry, I don't - but my experience is that the center pin is almost
always positive.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Travis Jordan

Travis Jordan wrote:
John wrote:
Do you happen to know the polarity of the plug?

Sorry, I don't - but my experience is that the center pin is almost
always positive.

I can confirm that the Version 1 WRT54G routers used a 5.0 VDC, 2A,
center pin positive power supply. It is likely that this is the same
supply originally used on your VPN router.

Good luck!