Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default AT&T 962 speakerphone wall wart

I got this one at a thrift store for a few bucks, minus the adapter. If
anybody has this model, or a similar one, can you look at it for the
volts/amps/polarity...ac/dc?

There are no markings whatsoever on the power jack, and no indication on
the data plate. Some AT&T models I've seen use ac supplies. I opened
it up and saw what I supposed to be four surface-mount diodes
immediately adjacent to the connections from the power jack. They
didn't look too robust, so I'm a little reluctant to feed the thing ac.
Additionally it takes four AA cells and has a 7806 regulator, with 6.3
volt electrolytics in the power section; but it gonna be difficult to
trace out the entire power circuit...especially if I can get a ready answer.

It's discontinued, so I can't just look at it in a store...google is no
help.

jak