Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default How do I find 12v dc wall wart?

I need a 12v dc wall wart rated at 10mv or above that will accept a 1/8"
cable with the +12v applied to the tip. I did a search and can't find 1/8"
listed on any of the items listed. Thanks

Posted to alt.electronics

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:56:37 -0500, "rppb" wrote:

I need a 12v dc wall wart rated at 10mv or above that will accept a 1/8"
cable with the +12v applied to the tip. I did a search and can't find 1/8"
listed on any of the items listed. Thanks

Well, you've got your terms mixed: 10mv? Were you trying to say 10 MA?
or 10 watts? (10 ma of current is not very much, about 1/8 watt of
power).

As to the connector, you may have to fabricate your own end if you
can't find a universal unit to work--but first check both WalMart and
Radio Shack to see what they have.

And figure out what voltage, and current you really need! g

Posted to alt.electronics

On 2006-11-18, PeterD wrote:
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:56:37 -0500, "rppb" wrote:

I need a 12v dc wall wart rated at 10mv or above that will accept a 1/8"
cable with the +12v applied to the tip. I did a search and can't find 1/8"
listed on any of the items listed. Thanks

They measure those plugs in mm, try 3.5mm, a common size from the
ballpark of 1/8"

Bye.
Jasen
Posted to alt.electronics

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:17:52 -0500, "rppb" wrote:

Sorry 10mA
"PeterD" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:56:37 -0500, "rppb" wrote:

I need a 12v dc wall wart rated at 10mv or above that will accept a 1/8"
cable with the +12v applied to the tip. I did a search and can't find 1/8"
listed on any of the items listed. Thanks

Well, you've got your terms mixed: 10mv? Were you trying to say 10 MA?
or 10 watts? (10 ma of current is not very much, about 1/8 watt of
power).

As to the connector, you may have to fabricate your own end if you
can't find a universal unit to work--but first check both WalMart and
Radio Shack to see what they have.

And figure out what voltage, and current you really need! g

Could I ask what you are powering that needs only 10 MA? That's not
very much power (as I mentioned in my post...) I'm wondering about
voltage regulation with very low current draws from generic wall
warts--many of them will give you much more than 12V when such a light
load is drawn.

Also read the other reply on jack sizes, as I agree that that is
probalby what you are looking for...

Posted to alt.electronics

rppb wrote:
Sorry 10mA

Try an electronics store - some generic ones have a variety of plugs that
clip on. Smallest are usually 200mA +, so you won't have a probelm there.

geoff

PS - Do get the plug adaptor the right way around for the polarity you want
!.