Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default Handheld Oscilloscopes

I'm looking for opinions on handheld oscilloscopes. To give you an
idea of what I'm looking for, something like a TPI 460
(http://www.tequipment.net/TPI460.asp) would suit me well, since it
looks to be well-designed with a 3 year warranty, and doubles as a
standard multimeter. But, I really don't need anything rugged, and a
higher sampling rate would be nice. The Protek 840 looks very nice for
a few hundred extra dollars, but I'm not familiar with them.

I'd prefer new over used, and looking to spend US$1000-1500. Any good
or bad experiences? How about these Chinese OWON brand scopes, anyone
use these?

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

(
http://www.tequipment.net/TPI460.asp) would suit me well, since it
looks to be well-designed with a 3 year warranty, and doubles as a
standard multimeter. But, I really don't need anything rugged, and a
higher sampling rate would be nice. The Protek 840 looks very nice for
a few hundred extra dollars, but I'm not familiar with them.

I'd prefer new over used, and looking to spend US$1000-1500. Any good
or bad experiences? How about these Chinese OWON brand scopes, anyone
use these?

You might like this one better.
it's not quite 600V, it goes up to 400v.
other than than , it makes for a nice thingy..
it's a DMM and Dual scope in color., all inputs
are isolated from each other, that makes it nice
for testing different sources with out causing
shorts.
http://www.saelig.com/miva/merchant....gory_Code=PSSA

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

I'm looking for opinions on handheld oscilloscopes. To give you an
idea of what I'm looking for, something like a TPI 460
(
http://www.tequipment.net/TPI460.asp) would suit me well, since it
looks to be well-designed with a 3 year warranty, and doubles as a
standard multimeter. But, I really don't need anything rugged, and a
higher sampling rate would be nice. The Protek 840 looks very nice for
a few hundred extra dollars, but I'm not familiar with them.

I'd prefer new over used, and looking to spend US$1000-1500. Any good
or bad experiences? How about these Chinese OWON brand scopes, anyone
use these?

Yes, to add to it., i just bought one of those OWON.
if you look at the URL i gave you, i think you'll like the
price.