Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Handheld Oscilloscopes

wrote:

I'm looking for opinions on handheld oscilloscopes. To give you an
idea of what I'm looking for, something like a TPI 460
(
http://www.tequipment.net/TPI460.asp) would suit me well, since it
looks to be well-designed with a 3 year warranty, and doubles as a
standard multimeter. But, I really don't need anything rugged, and a
higher sampling rate would be nice. The Protek 840 looks very nice for
a few hundred extra dollars, but I'm not familiar with them.

I'd prefer new over used, and looking to spend US$1000-1500. Any good
or bad experiences? How about these Chinese OWON brand scopes, anyone
use these?

Yes, to add to it., i just bought one of those OWON.
if you look at the URL i gave you, i think you'll like the
price.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5