Antonio

Default HELP: GDS820C/IDS810 D.S. Oscilloscopes?

Hi,
I am planning to buy a low end digital storage oscilloscope. My first
option was a TDS1002 from Tektronix but a sales engineer told me to
consider an IDS810 from ISO-Tech, as its price/performance is
-supposedly- excellent. I have never heard of that brand, so I have made
some research on the Internet and I have come to know that this
equipment is made in Taiwan by a so-called Good Will Instrument Company.
Its equipment is sold in the USA under the name INS-Tech and in Europe
as ISO-Tech (this is where I am writing from; Europe, Spain).

The oscilloscope I am interested in is IDS810, that is equivalent to the
one named GDS-820C in the USA (color LCD display, 150 Mhz bandwidth,
real time sampling rate: 100 MS/s ,25GS/s ET -Equivalent TimeSampling
Technique- maximum on each channel, 125 Kb per channel, including USB,
RS232 and parallel port standard interfaces). In Spain it sells for 999
euros-10% discount+VAT, while Tektronix TDS1002 (monochrome LCD display,
60 Mhz bandwidth, 1 GS/s) sells for 1,066-20% discount+VAT
(communications module plus aditional memory storage is available only
as an option, priced 375 euros+VAT). (1 euro=1.3 dollars).
I have read the technical details and they seem to meet my requirements.
The point is if this oscilloscope is reliable and if it really does
quite perform (as it claims to do).
Has anybody out there ever used such oscilloscope? Is anybody willing to
share his experience with it?
Any piece of advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

PS: English is not my native language, as it can be seen; so, I am sorry
for any mitake I might have made or for any awkward-sounding sentence I
might have written.

Frank Bemelman

"Antonio" schreef in bericht
[...]

Well, I'd go with the TDS1002. I live in Europe, so I have no
particular reason to promote American products. I don't know
the GDS-820C but the 100MS/s versus 1GS/s is enough reason for
me to prefer the TDS. Color is nice, and so are the comm options
of the GDS, but if you can live without that...

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'x' and 'invalid' when replying by email)

John Larkin

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:08:08 +0100, Antonio
wrote:

[...]

Get the Tek. The low-end scopes that do equivalent-time sampling
aren't nearly as useful for digital work. I can't say about the
reliability of the Iso-tech, but I've had zero problems with the five
or so TDS's I have.

John