Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Can anyone identify this manufacturer's logo?

I have a 16x2 character LCD that I am trying to find some info on.
There is a logo of a large "D" with a "V" inside of it. The rest of
the printing shows a part number of DV1602-35R. Does this logo sound
familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 05:26:48 -0800, stoneattic Has Frothed:

I have a 16x2 character LCD that I am trying to find some info on.
There is a logo of a large "D" with a "V" inside of it. The rest of
the printing shows a part number of DV1602-35R. Does this logo sound
familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

What is it out of? An Alesis drum machine?

COOSN-266-06-25794

Close

An Alesis QuadraVerbGT. I've read that the D4 drum machine uses the
same one. Have you been down this road already?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"stoneattic" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 16x2 character LCD that I am trying to find some info on.
There is a logo of a large "D" with a "V" inside of it. The rest of
the printing shows a part number of DV1602-35R. Does this logo sound
familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

Most 16 x 2's are pretty standard - command, drive and pinning-wise,
irrespective of the manufacturer. Get data on any one, and there's a pretty
fair chance that it will do for any of the others. Ther are only a couple of
different chipsets used, and as far as I can remember, even they are cross
compatible in at least basic functionality.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:
"stoneattic" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 16x2 character LCD that I am trying to find some info on.
There is a logo of a large "D" with a "V" inside of it. The rest of
the printing shows a part number of DV1602-35R. Does this logo sound
familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

Most 16 x 2's are pretty standard - command, drive and pinning-wise,
irrespective of the manufacturer. Get data on any one, and there's a pretty
fair chance that it will do for any of the others. Ther are only a couple of
different chipsets used, and as far as I can remember, even they are cross
compatible in at least basic functionality.

Arfa

It seems from what I've been able to find out (not much) on this LCD is
that it is a bit odd. It only has 14 pins (I believe 16 is the norm
for a backlight), at least pins 1 & 2 are reversed and pin 3 is
different as well.

Some people have gotten other LCDs to work:

http://tinyurl.com/yg9jbc

http://www.einis.de/

Both of these LCD are difficult to locate in the US.