Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Parts availability laws.

Is there a parts availability law in Canada??

Parts Availability Laws

Can your item be repaired? If parts are required, are they available to
a servicer? In some states, the answer may be "no."

Does your state have a law governing the availability of parts?
Here are the states with such laws:

California:
7 years after date of manufacture for goods with a wholesale value of
$100 or more, 3 years for items valued at $50 to $99.99. This law
covers functional parts only.

Connecticut:
4 years after the date of final sale.

Indiana:
7 years after the date of final sale.

Rhode Island:
4 years after final sale.

New Hampshi
For goods valued at over $100, parts and service info for the period of
time covered by the warranty.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dani" wrote in
ups.com:

Is there a parts availability law in Canada??

Parts Availability Laws

Can your item be repaired? If parts are required, are they available to
a servicer? In some states, the answer may be "no."

Does your state have a law governing the availability of parts?
Here are the states with such laws:

California:
7 years after date of manufacture for goods with a wholesale value of
$100 or more, 3 years for items valued at $50 to $99.99. This law
covers functional parts only.

Connecticut:
4 years after the date of final sale.

Indiana:
7 years after the date of final sale.

Rhode Island:
4 years after final sale.

Tektronix does not follow any of the above states law on parts
availability,if those are truly law.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Dani" wrote in
ups.com:

Is there a parts availability law in Canada??

Parts Availability Laws

Can your item be repaired? If parts are required, are they available
to a servicer? In some states, the answer may be "no."

Does your state have a law governing the availability of parts?
Here are the states with such laws:

California:
7 years after date of manufacture for goods with a wholesale value of
$100 or more, 3 years for items valued at $50 to $99.99. This law
covers functional parts only.

Connecticut:
4 years after the date of final sale.

Indiana:
7 years after the date of final sale.

Rhode Island:
4 years after final sale.

Tektronix does not follow any of the above states law on parts
availability,if those are truly law.

Yeah - I think "parts availability laws" are mostly urban legend. Especially
in recent years with everything being made in China or whatever. Often there
aren't even any arrangements made for parts or service when something is
imported. They can just replace it if under warranty, otherwise you're on
your own. That's my experience, anyway.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
news
Yeah - I think "parts availability laws" are mostly urban legend.
Especially in recent years with everything being made in China or
whatever. Often there aren't even any arrangements made for parts or
service when something is imported. They can just replace it if under
warranty, otherwise you're on your own. That's my experience, anyway.

And the crap that is returned to them they resell on in pallet loads where
it all winds up on eBay. "As is" or "I didn't have time to check if it
works" are eBay phrases which mean "If you buy it you're boned".

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

And the crap that is returned to them they resell on in pallet loads where
it all winds up on eBay. "As is" or "I didn't have time to check if it
works" are eBay phrases which mean "If you buy it you're boned".

Often yes, however I've ebayed plenty of things as-is that I just didn't
feel were worth my time to hook up and check out thoroughly.

Laws Cliff Metalworking 4 March 31st 06 09:34 AM
LDD availability [email protected] Woodturning 2 January 13th 06 12:55 AM
Availability of KSN1020A in/to UK? [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 September 8th 05 04:55 PM
Appliance repair parts availability William W. Plummer Home Repair 12 February 11th 05 10:04 PM
Parts availability? Worcester boiler. [email protected] UK diy 4 February 17th 04 01:01 AM