Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default Parts availability laws.

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
news
Yeah - I think "parts availability laws" are mostly urban legend.
Especially in recent years with everything being made in China or
whatever. Often there aren't even any arrangements made for parts or
service when something is imported. They can just replace it if under
warranty, otherwise you're on your own. That's my experience, anyway.

And the crap that is returned to them they resell on in pallet loads where
it all winds up on eBay. "As is" or "I didn't have time to check if it
works" are eBay phrases which mean "If you buy it you're boned".