Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default LDD availability

I have been wanting to try LDD soaking for curing some bowls. However
when I went to buy some all I could find was scented LDD, usually with
lemon scent. Most people say they purchased it at COSCO but that is a
3 Hr drive for me. My question is where am I likley to find unscented
LDD or will it matter if I use a scented variety?

Rod

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dave W

Rod,
Go ahead and use the scented. It will dissipate.
Stay with the yellow color. The red tends to turn the
end grain a pinkish color.
Dave

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been wanting to try LDD soaking for curing some bowls. However
when I went to buy some all I could find was scented LDD, usually with
lemon scent. Most people say they purchased it at COSCO but that is a
3 Hr drive for me. My question is where am I likley to find unscented
LDD or will it matter if I use a scented variety?

Rod

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Thanks Dave. I'll pick up some tomorrow. Perhaps the lemon scent will
have some aroma therapy for some of the recipients of my turnings.
Rod