DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LDD availability (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/139902-ldd-availability.html)

[email protected] January 12th 06 03:07 PM

LDD availability

I have been wanting to try LDD soaking for curing some bowls. However
when I went to buy some all I could find was scented LDD, usually with
lemon scent. Most people say they purchased it at COSCO but that is a
3 Hr drive for me. My question is where am I likley to find unscented
LDD or will it matter if I use a scented variety?

Rod

Dave W January 12th 06 09:33 PM

LDD availability

Rod,
Go ahead and use the scented. It will dissipate.
Stay with the yellow color. The red tends to turn the
end grain a pinkish color.
Dave

oups.com...

[email protected] January 13th 06 12:55 AM

LDD availability

Thanks Dave. I'll pick up some tomorrow. Perhaps the lemon scent will
have some aroma therapy for some of the recipients of my turnings.
Rod