Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is this fixable?

Alright I have a Panasonic CD player (SA-PM31) and the display area is
always all lit up.. For example lets say I'm listening to a CD...the
display shows Tape, CD, AM/FM... and for the time of the track thats
all messed up.. Can anyone help me to fix this or should I just ship it
for repairs?

Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

writes:

Alright I have a Panasonic CD player (SA-PM31) and the display area is
always all lit up.. For example lets say I'm listening to a CD...the
display shows Tape, CD, AM/FM... and for the time of the track thats
all messed up.. Can anyone help me to fix this or should I just ship it
for repairs?

So, you're saying it works fine but you just can't tell what it thinks
it's doing?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Alright I have a Panasonic CD player (SA-PM31) and the display area is
always all lit up.. For example lets say I'm listening to a CD...the
display shows Tape, CD, AM/FM... and for the time of the track thats
all messed up.. Can anyone help me to fix this or should I just ship it
for repairs?

Mike

All of the segments lit up at once on the display, is a very odd and unusual
failure mode, that I can't remember ever having seen on one of these.
Without a service manual, and a 'scope, I fear that you are not going to get
too far with it, and you may have to consider letting a repair shop venture
an opinion on it.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Alright I have a Panasonic CD player (SA-PM31) and the display area is
always all lit up.. For example lets say I'm listening to a CD...the
display shows Tape, CD, AM/FM... and for the time of the track thats
all messed up.. Can anyone help me to fix this or should I just ship it
for repairs?

All of the segments lit up at once on the display, is a very odd and unusual
failure mode, that I can't remember ever having seen on one of these.
Without a service manual, and a 'scope, I fear that you are not going to get
too far with it, and you may have to consider letting a repair shop venture
an opinion on it.

Arfa

quite likely bad connection to the lcd. See if wiggling the lcd
slightly makes it work, if it does, check the lcd and rubber cnnecting
strip are clean and seated correctly, and ensure the display is pressed
onto it properly by the casing. If not, a thin card gasket can help. It
could be something else, but this is common cause of such things.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Well thanks for the reply guys..I think i'll just bring it to the
repair shop...I don't want to mess it up more than it is...

Mike

Is this (easily) fixable John UK diy 8 April 24th 06 02:53 AM
C-5 crash...Fixable? Tom Gardner Metalworking 43 April 6th 06 10:49 PM
Is my old Delta Grinder Shaft Fixable? Lane Metalworking 7 January 11th 05 02:53 AM
Scratch on screen of 32" Zenith HDTV fixable? Lawrence G. Mayka Electronics Repair 4 March 31st 04 02:46 PM
Key on phone fixable? lucky Home Ownership 2 September 12th 03 12:18 AM