Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Is this fixable?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Alright I have a Panasonic CD player (SA-PM31) and the display area is
always all lit up.. For example lets say I'm listening to a CD...the
display shows Tape, CD, AM/FM... and for the time of the track thats
all messed up.. Can anyone help me to fix this or should I just ship it
for repairs?

Mike

All of the segments lit up at once on the display, is a very odd and unusual
failure mode, that I can't remember ever having seen on one of these.
Without a service manual, and a 'scope, I fear that you are not going to get
too far with it, and you may have to consider letting a repair shop venture
an opinion on it.

Arfa