Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

lucky

Default Key on phone fixable?

Panasonic KXTC1870B phone. My number 4 on the handset stopped working.
Panasonic lists, among 100 other parts:

QSX10108Z KEYBOARD SWITCH 3.60
PQSX10091Z KEYBOARD SWITCH 4.41
PQSX10092X KEYBOARD SWTCH 12 KEY H/S 4.93

so I wonder which I need and does this require soldering? I can rip
stuff apart no problem but was just wondering how much a pain this is.

It took forever to find a phone with the features I need and it's only 3
yrs old!

WasteNotWantNot

lucky wrote in message om...
Panasonic KXTC1870B phone. My number 4 on the handset stopped working.
Panasonic lists, among 100 other parts:

QSX10108Z KEYBOARD SWITCH 3.60
PQSX10091Z KEYBOARD SWITCH 4.41
PQSX10092X KEYBOARD SWTCH 12 KEY H/S 4.93

so I wonder which I need and does this require soldering? I can rip
stuff apart no problem but was just wondering how much a pain this is.

It took forever to find a phone with the features I need and it's only 3
yrs old!

I don't know which part you need, but I bet there's a plug socket on
the end of the keyboard. I have not seen any soldered.
Since your phone is disabled, take it apart and look for a part
number. Service part numbers are often different from the number on
the item itself.
lucky

I took the phone apart. The keypad is a kind of flexible 'skin' that
rests upon a circuit board. I used canned air and it didn't do
anything. So the way things are, I'm certain it's not in the keypad
button itself, it's with the place that the key hits on the board to
make it work. So I guess it needs a new board. 2 other keys are acting
up now also. The circuit board costs 26 or 86 ( I have to locate the
exact part number to determine which) . Even at 26, I'm wondering if
this will just keep happening. We don't abuse the phone and it sucks
that it only lasts 3 years. I have to assume panasonic is junk. Or
maybe it's just poor button design? TY for your reply