Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default infocus x1a lamp replacement

I just did my first lamp replacement on my infocus x1a projector after
about 2000 hrs. The picture provided by the new lamp is so dark as to
be unviewable. Can this be an alignment problem, an inferior bulb, any
other suggestions? thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

brad wrote:
I just did my first lamp replacement on my infocus x1a projector after
about 2000 hrs. The picture provided by the new lamp is so dark as to
be unviewable. Can this be an alignment problem, an inferior bulb, any
other suggestions? thanks

fake bulb?

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

brad wrote:
I just did my first lamp replacement on my infocus x1a projector after
about 2000 hrs. The picture provided by the new lamp is so dark as to
be unviewable. Can this be an alignment problem, an inferior bulb, any
other suggestions? thanks

Was the old bulb still working when you replaced it? If so did it have
the same symptom? Could be a defective ballast. Also could be a dud bulb.