Default InFocus LP425Z - Lamp won't ignite

I own an ancient LP425Z. It's worked great up until a few weeks ago.
When I power it on, it makes a loud "chirping" sound like it's trying
to ignite, but I get nothing. I called InFocus tech support, and they
suggested buying a new $400 lamp from them. I did. When I first
installed it, it worked...but only once. When I powered on the
projector later that day, I had the same problem. This leads me to
believe that it is in fact not the lamp that is the problem.

I've been searching around for an answer to this problem, but haven't
found anything too helpful. If anyone has any suggestions, I would
appreciate it.

Matt

Did you touch the lamp when you installed it?
Did you reset the lamp timer when the new lamp was installed?

I did reset the lamp hours, and I didn't touch the bulb. The weird
thing is, I've been messing with it for a couple days now and I just
tried it again, and it turned on. I checked all the menus to make sure
everything was in order. I decided to turn it off to see if it would
still have problems. It does. Now I'm totally confused.

Does the fact that it turned on this one time give you any more clues
to what the problem is?

Thanks for you tips,

Matt

carneyke

Make sure the lamp "seated" properly. You may have a problem with the
projector or the lamp........... Sigh.............. I wouldn't work on
any outside of work where they pay for these headaches.........