Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default U6046B Timer IC

This is a DIP8 chip by Temic originally designed for controlling things
like car heated rear windows, etc. It includes a toggle on/off function,
can be easily set from a few seconds to several hours, and will drive a
standard car 30 amp relay directly. I've found it useful for all sorts of
timer uses with a low external parts count.
But it's no longer made, IIRC. Anyone know of a similar device still in
production? I realise you can do much the same with the 555 family, but
not so conveniently.

--
*Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" schreef in bericht
This is a DIP8 chip by Temic originally designed for controlling things
like car heated rear windows, etc. It includes a toggle on/off function,
can be easily set from a few seconds to several hours, and will drive a
standard car 30 amp relay directly. I've found it useful for all sorts of
timer uses with a low external parts count.
But it's no longer made, IIRC. Anyone know of a similar device still in
production? I realise you can do much the same with the 555 family, but
not so conveniently.

--
*Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Great timers. Atmel makes (made?) them too. As far as the logic and timing
concerns, you can come close by using an eight pins micro but then you still
need a voltage regulator and a relay driver. (Guess you knew that already

petrus bitbyter

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

But it's no longer made, IIRC. Anyone know of a similar device still in
production? I realise you can do much the same with the 555 family, but
not so conveniently.

Isn't it a 555 with a multistage counter attached?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Homer J Simpson" schreef in bericht

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

But it's no longer made, IIRC. Anyone know of a similar device still in
production? I realise you can do much the same with the 555 family, but
not so conveniently.

Isn't it a 555 with a multistage counter attached?

Er... No. Just look at the datasheet.

petrus bitbyter

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article 454f2daa$0$31870$847b8a7a@dreader19,
petrus bitbyter wrote:
Anyone know of a similar device still in
production? I realise you can do much the same with the 555 family, but
not so conveniently.

Great timers. Atmel makes (made?) them too. As far as the logic and
timing concerns, you can come close by using an eight pins micro but
then you still need a voltage regulator and a relay driver. (Guess you
knew that already

Still listed on their website. I'm not familiar with their products - are
they available in reasonable quantities - say 50 or so from perhaps a
third party supplier?

--
*If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?