Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default heat sensitive paper/film for finding short circuits?

Anybody out there know about this? You place the film/paper on top of a
circuit board that has a short circuit and it will show you the hot spots.
I only saw it used a couple times, and that was quite a few years ago.

Thanks

Dan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dan K wrote:

Anybody out there know about this? You place the film/paper on top of a
circuit board that has a short circuit and it will show you the hot spots.
I only saw it used a couple times, and that was quite a few years ago.

Thanks

Dan

Interesting idea. I imagine cling film would distorrt where it got hot
and thus work.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dan K" wrote in message
news
Anybody out there know about this? You place the film/paper on top of a
circuit board that has a short circuit and it will show you the hot spots.
I only saw it used a couple times, and that was quite a few years ago.

There used to be wax crayons for various temperatures.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dan K wrote:
Anybody out there know about this? You place the film/paper on top of a
circuit board that has a short circuit and it will show you the hot spots.
I only saw it used a couple times, and that was quite a few years ago.

Thanks

Dan

does the paper roll used in thermal printers or fax machine will work??

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Homer J Simpson wrote:

"Dan K" wrote in message
news

Anybody out there know about this? You place the film/paper on top of a
circuit board that has a short circuit and it will show you the hot spots.
I only saw it used a couple times, and that was quite a few years ago.

There used to be wax crayons for various temperatures.

You can still get them, but they cost about $15 each.

What about those IR thermometers? Some have a pretty small field
of view and should work. If you can get close to the work, Harbor
Freight has a $10 one (on sale) with a wide field of view (sees
1" when you're 1" away).

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dan K wrote:
Anybody out there know about this? You place the film/paper on top of a
circuit board that has a short circuit and it will show you the hot spots.
I only saw it used a couple times, and that was quite a few years ago.

Thanks

Dan

Stick board in Deep-freezer for a few minutes, so that it becomes cold
enough to frost over in a humid room, and then power up the board. The
high current areas will defrost first ! I am assuming that this is a
low impedance power board, and not bothered by leakage from the damp
circuit-board. the hard-frosted board will not leak until the frost
melts. By then you should have the information you need anyway.

Yukio YANO

New thermostat ~~~AAA~~~ Home Repair 5 March 1st 06 02:20 PM
Heat Pump confusion [email protected] Home Repair 12 December 22nd 05 11:41 AM
pool pump [email protected] Home Repair 144 December 10th 05 02:01 AM
Heat pump thermostat question Michael Baugh Home Repair 6 January 26th 04 07:50 AM
Heat Keeps Shutting Off Frontier Home Repair 29 December 24th 03 01:44 PM