Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Troubleshooting an HV Splitter / Focus Combo block (with more details)

I recently replaced the failed and NLA'd Sanyo 220493-3 HV Splitter /
Focus Combo block in my LXI RPTV with the updated 4835 310 57402
replacement Kit.
(See the "Updated Hardware Kit and the block immediately above it at:
http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/Products3.html ).

I made sure to follow the wiring and connection directions but the TV
is definitely not happy with the change. On power-up there is a
buzzing that sounds similar to arcing. The tubes do warm up after a
few seconds and a blue/green is displayed on the screen, however
shortly after warming up the tubes turn off...

Any pointers as to what I should check or test to figure out what the
problem is?

Thanks,
~Aaron

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I recently replaced the failed and NLA'd Sanyo 220493-3 HV Splitter /
Focus Combo block in my LXI RPTV with the updated 4835 310 57402
replacement Kit.
(See the "Updated Hardware Kit and the block immediately above it at:
http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/Products3.html ).

I made sure to follow the wiring and connection directions but the TV
is definitely not happy with the change. On power-up there is a
buzzing that sounds similar to arcing. The tubes do warm up after a
few seconds and a blue/green is displayed on the screen, however
shortly after warming up the tubes turn off...

Any pointers as to what I should check or test to figure out what the
problem is?

Thanks,
~Aaron

turn your screens down and try turning on the set again after a few
seconds try turning up the screens slowly see what happens most likely
the screen controls are up to high
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David Naylor wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Would that be turning the screen knobs clockwise or counter-clockwise?
If counter-clockwise, I've already tried it with the same result... any
other ideas?

Thanks!
~Aaron

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Could it be that the replacement HV Kit would prefer lower HV input?
Is there a pot/adjustment to "crank down" the HV input? I've looked
around but don't see anything obvious (This is an LXI RPTV (53") but I
can't find any obvious model identification).

Thanks again,
~Aaron

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sorry for all the self-replies, I finally found the model number.

It's an LXI PTV415-AH01 Model Number: 626.54568291

Again, the issue is that after replacing the HV Splitter /Focus combo
block with a new replacement kit, all three tubes warm up and light,
but flicker and make a buzzing/crackling sound. After about 30 seconds
the tubes all turn off at the same time although the TV remains on
(power LED remains lit). If I power off then power on the TV again the
tubes will flicker for 15-30 seconds and then turn off again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - I'm not sure where to go
from here... I double checked all the connections again tonight and
they all appear correct...

Thanks again!
~Aaron