Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] daubman@gmail.com is offline

Default Troubleshooting an HV Splitter / Focus Combo block (with more details)

I recently replaced the failed and NLA'd Sanyo 220493-3 HV Splitter /
Focus Combo block in my LXI RPTV with the updated 4835 310 57402
replacement Kit.
(See the "Updated Hardware Kit and the block immediately above it at:
http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/Products3.html ).

I made sure to follow the wiring and connection directions but the TV
is definitely not happy with the change. On power-up there is a
buzzing that sounds similar to arcing. The tubes do warm up after a
few seconds and a blue/green is displayed on the screen, however
shortly after warming up the tubes turn off...

Any pointers as to what I should check or test to figure out what the
problem is?

Thanks,
~Aaron