Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Green Screen

About 3 weeks ago while watching tv, the picture went green with lines
running across the screens. I couldnt change the channel, there was no
volume and only thing I could do was switch it off. After about 20
minutes the picture came back on and it was fine.....

Until tonight. Again same thing happened but this time it hasent fixed
itself. From reading other posts it goes on about CRT drive. Can anyone
clarify if this is the problem?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Irish Spasms with the generic display? What is it you are watching, Model,
Make, chassis #, and any actual diagnostics you may have done.
"bob_26" wrote in message
ups.com...
About 3 weeks ago while watching tv, the picture went green with lines
running across the screens. I couldnt change the channel, there was no
volume and only thing I could do was switch it off. After about 20
minutes the picture came back on and it was fine.....

Until tonight. Again same thing happened but this time it hasent fixed
itself. From reading other posts it goes on about CRT drive. Can anyone
clarify if this is the problem?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

bob_26 wrote:

About 3 weeks ago while watching tv, the picture went green with lines
running across the screens. I couldnt change the channel, there was no
volume and only thing I could do was switch it off. After about 20
minutes the picture came back on and it was fine.....

Until tonight. Again same thing happened but this time it hasent fixed
itself. From reading other posts it goes on about CRT drive. Can anyone
clarify if this is the problem?

Youve got deeper problems that that. But as usual with vague
information...

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

bob_26 wrote:
About 3 weeks ago while watching tv, the picture went green with lines
running across the screens. I couldnt change the channel, there was no
volume and only thing I could do was switch it off. After about 20
minutes the picture came back on and it was fine.....

Until tonight. Again same thing happened but this time it hasent fixed
itself. From reading other posts it goes on about CRT drive. Can anyone
clarify if this is the problem?

Depending on what model , the problem is most likely the video amp chip
on the CRT board, or hopfully not the CRT itself has and intermetant
short. try tapping litly on the neck of the tube while the set is on and
see if the problem appears. if so then the tube is the culbrit, if not
then change out the video amp chip... if the set hhas three seperate
transistor and amps the look at the back of the crt board for the
letters GK then trace the lands back to the transistor and replace it
Have fun tell us what model it is and we can be more specific
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David Naylor wrote:
bob_26 wrote:

About 3 weeks ago while watching tv, the picture went green with lines
running across the screens. I couldnt change the channel, there was no
volume and only thing I could do was switch it off. After about 20
minutes the picture came back on and it was fine.....

Until tonight. Again same thing happened but this time it hasent fixed
itself. From reading other posts it goes on about CRT drive. Can anyone
clarify if this is the problem?

Depending on what model , the problem is most likely the video amp chip
on the CRT board, or hopfully not the CRT itself has and intermetant
short. try tapping litly on the neck of the tube while the set is on and
see if the problem appears.

a great way to electrocute the OP

NT

Junior Member

Location: cebu,philippines

[]About 3 weeks ago while watching tv, the picture went green with lines
running across the screens. I couldnt change the channel, there was no
volume and only thing I could do was switch it off. After about 20
minutes the picture came back on and it was fine.....

Until tonight. Again same thing happened but this time it hasent fixed
itself. From reading other posts it goes on about CRT drive. Can anyone
clarify if this is the problem?[
color drive transistor in the crt socket is bad.i have the same problem as you have few months ago.and i fixed it by replacing the transistor.check the voltage under green.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

junexsils wrote:
[]About 3 weeks ago while watching tv, the picture went green with
lines
running across the screens. I couldnt change the channel, there was no
volume and only thing I could do was switch it off. After about 20
minutes the picture came back on and it was fine.....

Until tonight. Again same thing happened but this time it hasent fixed
itself. From reading other posts it goes on about CRT drive. Can
anyone
clarify if this is the problem?[

color drive transistor in the crt
socket is bad.i have the same problem as you have few months ago.and
i fixed it by replacing the transistor.check the voltage under green.

Could be the socket, the drive transistor, a solder connection, or the crt
itself shorting internally heater to cathode.

Mark Z.