Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Farmer Giles Farmer Giles is offline

Default Green Screen

wrote:
Farmer Giles wrote:
wrote:
David Naylor wrote:
bob_26 wrote:

About 3 weeks ago while watching tv, the picture went green with lines
running across the screens. I couldnt change the channel, there was no
volume and only thing I could do was switch it off. After about 20
minutes the picture came back on and it was fine.....

Until tonight. Again same thing happened but this time it hasent fixed
itself. From reading other posts it goes on about CRT drive. Can anyone
clarify if this is the problem?
Depending on what model , the problem is most likely the video amp chip
on the CRT board, or hopfully not the CRT itself has and intermetant
short. try tapping litly on the neck of the tube while the set is on and
see if the problem appears.
a great way to electrocute the OP

Nonsense. Lightly tapping the neck of the CRT won't hurt the OP or the
CRT.

The risks of advising people to stick their hands inside a TV could
hardly be more obvious.

You are correct, and I apologise. I was assuming that he knew his way
around this sort of equipment - a dangerous assumption!