Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA 52" TV Shuts off.

I have a 52" RCA rear projection TV. When I power it up, it immediately
shuts off. Then a few seconds later,it tries again. Several years ago,
it did this, and a repair service came out and fixed it in about 5
minutes, so it must be a common problem. I don't have the money to pay
a repairman (about $350 five or six years ago) so I was hoping I could
get some help here and fix it myself. I do have meters and a bit of
knowledge, but NO big screen experience. I have also seen this problem
on other posts, but I haven't seen any repair ideas. The model number
is P52771AT, chassis number PTK178L2B.
Thanks in advance for all help!
Steve

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...

I have a 52" RCA rear projection TV. When I power it up, it immediately
shuts off. Then a few seconds later,it tries again. Several years ago,
it did this, and a repair service came out and fixed it in about 5
minutes, so it must be a common problem. I don't have the money to pay
a repairman (about $350 five or six years ago) so I was hoping I could
get some help here and fix it myself. I do have meters and a bit of
knowledge, but NO big screen experience. I have also seen this problem
on other posts, but I haven't seen any repair ideas. The model number
is P52771AT, chassis number PTK178L2B.
Thanks in advance for all help!
Steve

Search the newsgroups. IIRC, a burned out lamp will do this.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Homer J Simpson wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

I have a 52" RCA rear projection TV. When I power it up, it immediately
shuts off. Then a few seconds later,it tries again. Several years ago,
it did this, and a repair service came out and fixed it in about 5
minutes, so it must be a common problem. I don't have the money to pay
a repairman (about $350 five or six years ago) so I was hoping I could
get some help here and fix it myself. I do have meters and a bit of
knowledge, but NO big screen experience. I have also seen this problem
on other posts, but I haven't seen any repair ideas. The model number
is P52771AT, chassis number PTK178L2B.
Thanks in advance for all help!
Steve

Search the newsgroups. IIRC, a burned out lamp will do this.

What lamp!!??? Before you start looking for burned out, frikken light
bulbs, try changing the high voltage splitter, 205064. If that doesn't
fix it, either toss it or pay another tech to fix it. There are pages
and pages of shutdown fixes for that chassis and people alot smarter
than you and me have had their asses handed to them trying to isolate
that fail, since it can be caused in so many areas.

www.techdata-kicksass.net

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Tech Data" wrote in message
ups.com...

Homer J Simpson wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

[...]

Well said. That chassis is a particular PITA.

Leonard

It has removed 2070 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message

Well said. That chassis is a particular PITA.

IME everything branded RCA is these days. I have this picture in my head of
two guys in a Chinese factory. One says, "Damn, this model is a POS". The
other says, "Don't worry, we'll rent the RCA label and the Yanks will still
buy it".