Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] trentals@birch.net is offline

Default RCA 52" TV Shuts off.

I have a 52" RCA rear projection TV. When I power it up, it immediately
shuts off. Then a few seconds later,it tries again. Several years ago,
it did this, and a repair service came out and fixed it in about 5
minutes, so it must be a common problem. I don't have the money to pay
a repairman (about $350 five or six years ago) so I was hoping I could
get some help here and fix it myself. I do have meters and a bit of
knowledge, but NO big screen experience. I have also seen this problem
on other posts, but I haven't seen any repair ideas. The model number
is P52771AT, chassis number PTK178L2B.
Thanks in advance for all help!
Steve