Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Altec 1592b modifications

Hi,
Anybody know where I can find information about converting a 1592b
from single output to multichannel output. I saw one for sale on ebay a
few months back. I now have a 1592b and would like to modify it, but
would like some advice.
John

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jandree wrote:
Hi,
Anybody know where I can find information about converting a 1592b
from single output to multichannel output. I saw one for sale on ebay
a few months back. I now have a 1592b and would like to modify it, but
would like some advice.
John

for what purpose? how many outputs? going to high Z inputs? isolation
needed?

you have several choices. one method would be to drive an active
distribution amplifier.

personally, unless building a 50's museum, id leave the altec on the shelf
and buy whatever mixer is needed to perform the function desired.