DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Altec 1592b modifications (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/169380-altec-1592b-modifications.html)

Jandree July 16th 06 05:55 PM

Altec 1592b modifications

Hi,
Anybody know where I can find information about converting a 1592b
from single output to multichannel output. I saw one for sale on ebay a
few months back. I now have a 1592b and would like to modify it, but
would like some advice.
John

TimPerry July 16th 06 11:54 PM

Altec 1592b modifications

Jandree wrote:
Hi,
Anybody know where I can find information about converting a 1592b
from single output to multichannel output. I saw one for sale on ebay
a few months back. I now have a 1592b and would like to modify it, but
would like some advice.
John

for what purpose? how many outputs? going to high Z inputs? isolation
needed?

you have several choices. one method would be to drive an active
distribution amplifier.

personally, unless building a 50's museum, id leave the altec on the shelf
and buy whatever mixer is needed to perform the function desired.