Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris F.

Default Coil Substitution Question

I'm working on a Hitachi 31UX5B that's missing a small coil in the
pincushioning (I had removed it a year ago when I first got the set, and it
must have gotten lost). I have a similiar Hitachi with the same coil, and I
was wondering if it was possible to measure the other coil and then create a
homemade one of the same inductance. Trouble is, I don't have an LCR meter -
is there any way to measure inductance without one? (such as with an
oscilloscope?) And would such a sub even work, or is there more to consider
than just inductance?
The part number on the board is L704, the parts list for that set does not
give a value.
Thanks for any help.

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

Hitachi Number is 2275381..

kip
"Chris F." wrote in message
I'm working on a Hitachi 31UX5B that's missing a small coil in the
pincushioning (I had removed it a year ago when I first got the set, and
it must have gotten lost). I have a similiar Hitachi with the same coil,
and I was wondering if it was possible to measure the other coil and then
create a homemade one of the same inductance. Trouble is, I don't have an
LCR meter - is there any way to measure inductance without one? (such as
with an oscilloscope?) And would such a sub even work, or is there more to
consider than just inductance?
The part number on the board is L704, the parts list for that set does
not give a value.
Thanks for any help.

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address

Evaportor Coil Needs Replacing RAJ Home Repair 15 July 5th 06 05:38 PM
replace air coil or install new system [email protected] Home Repair 8 April 21st 06 07:14 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
ECM firing ignition coil question Mark Leininger Electronics Repair 8 October 19th 04 04:34 PM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM