DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Coil Substitution Question (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/167436-coil-substitution-question.html)

Chris F. June 27th 06 07:19 PM

Coil Substitution Question

I'm working on a Hitachi 31UX5B that's missing a small coil in the
pincushioning (I had removed it a year ago when I first got the set, and it
must have gotten lost). I have a similiar Hitachi with the same coil, and I
was wondering if it was possible to measure the other coil and then create a
homemade one of the same inductance. Trouble is, I don't have an LCR meter -
is there any way to measure inductance without one? (such as with an
oscilloscope?) And would such a sub even work, or is there more to consider
than just inductance?
The part number on the board is L704, the parts list for that set does not
give a value.
Thanks for any help.

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address