Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Papcina

Default canon scanner repair

hello

I have a problem with my Canon Canoscan LiDE 20 scanner...
while scanning just god dead and nothin happened... tried reinstalling
drivers and plugging in different usb ports but none worked..
so, I will open it to see if smthg burned in it.. do u have any idea
or exact suggestion where/what to look or?

thanks

bye

--
hr.rec.ronjenje
°(((

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Papcina

update:
I thought that the head was blocked, and it seems that it was..
so I put it on the correct position, but the usb notifies me just for
a sec that I have it plugged and I get hardware malfucntion error
sign... I tried aligning slowly the motor but I cant never get that
normal USB found new hardware msg... so, anyone has an idea how to get
it work?

thanls

--
hr.rec.ronjenje
°(((

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gerard Bok

On Mon, 15 May 2006 18:01:29 +0200, Papcina
wrote:

I have a problem with my Canon Canoscan LiDE 20 scanner...
while scanning just god dead and nothin happened... tried reinstalling
drivers and plugging in different usb ports but none worked..
so, I will open it to see if smthg burned in it.. do u have any idea
or exact suggestion where/what to look or?

If your Canon is like my Canon, I would release the lock on the
bottom of the device :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Papcina

Bilo je to Mon, 15 May 2006 19:26:47 +0100, kada je poznati "Dave D"
napisao ove stvari:

Buy a new one! Sorry to be blunt, but scanners are often cheap to buy and
built with with non-serviceable electronics like custom ICs etc. Unless this
is a high-end professional scanner, I'd start looking for a new one.

If you're handy at electronics, then by all means do some basic
testing/troubleshooting inside, you may get lucky and find something easy to
fix.

I'd check the ribbon cable to the scan head first, they can go open circuit
for obvious reasons.

Dave

sure, np...
well, as hard u may see this, in my country its hard to find scanners
ranging from 600x1,200dpi cheaper than 100-150bucks, and since Im a
student which depends from a limited money, hard to get it :s

ill try to check ribbon cable... and do some work after to see...
thanks anyway

bye

--
hr.rec.ronjenje