Posted to sci.electronics.repair
real_pixie

Default Sony DAV-SA30 Power Supply

Hello Guys,

I have a Sony DAV-SA30 DVD surround system. It has been making a
ticking noise through the speakers so I thought I'd have a look inside..

I found that the power supply module, 1-687-086-15, is supplying
34.7volts on it's 27v output.

The 27v supply is high wattage to the amplifier card, it goes at follows:

+ from rectifier goes to the pin 1 of Q904, a 3 pin chip. Pin 2 of Q904
goes to the connector that supplies +27v to the amp. Pin 3 has a thin
PCB trace going to various surface mount components presumably to
control the voltage level.

I am trying to locate the fault but cannot identify Q904, it is labeled
PK K1189 33.
What do you think is my best bet for repair? Maybe a new voltage
regulator bypassing this Q904?

Any ideas gratefully received!
Kris.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:01:22 +0200, real_pixie
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hello Guys,

I have a Sony DAV-SA30 DVD surround system. It has been making a
ticking noise through the speakers so I thought I'd have a look inside..

I found that the power supply module, 1-687-086-15, is supplying
34.7volts on it's 27v output.

The 27v supply is high wattage to the amplifier card, it goes at follows:

+ from rectifier goes to the pin 1 of Q904, a 3 pin chip. Pin 2 of Q904
goes to the connector that supplies +27v to the amp. Pin 3 has a thin
PCB trace going to various surface mount components presumably to
control the voltage level.

I am trying to locate the fault but cannot identify Q904, it is labeled
PK K1189 33.

2SK1189 MOSFET?

http://www.sanken-ele.co.jp/en/prod/...f/2sk1189e.pdf

What do you think is my best bet for repair? Maybe a new voltage
regulator bypassing this Q904?

Check the drive to the gate of the MOSFET. Check for a D-S short
circuit.

Any ideas gratefully received!
Kris.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
real_pixie

Franc Zabkar wrote:
[...]

Thanks Franc,

I have removed the MOSFET from the board and tested the resistance
between pins, D-S is approx 1 ohm, which I understand would be correct
for a MOSFET, the gate pin has only 10 ohm resistance to both the D and
S. I think this may be the problem, I believe MOSFET G-D/S resistance
should be very high.

I'll get hold of a new MOSFET and give it a try. Do you think the 34v
going back through the gate will have damaged the drive circuitry?

Thanks for your help so far,
Kris.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:24:43 +0200, real_pixie

Franc Zabkar wrote:
[...]

There should not be a D-S short in your MOSFET. Replace it and verify
that any other device attached to its gate has not been damaged.

- Franc Zabkar

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Sony CFS-W600 Dual Tape Portable Stereo - power supply xfrm failure Emanuele Girlando Electronics Repair 0 June 14th 04 06:30 PM
TV Sony KV27TS35 switching power supply problems gaston Electronics Repair 0 November 30th 03 04:49 PM
Epson ELP 7200 Projector Power Supply Help Dylan Electronics Repair 5 October 10th 03 10:50 PM
SONY DVP-NS300 POWER SUPPLY Techie Electronics Repair 1 September 3rd 03 10:04 PM