Posted to sci.electronics.repair
real_pixie

Default Sony DAV-SA30 Power Supply

Hello Guys,

I have a Sony DAV-SA30 DVD surround system. It has been making a
ticking noise through the speakers so I thought I'd have a look inside..

I found that the power supply module, 1-687-086-15, is supplying
34.7volts on it's 27v output.

The 27v supply is high wattage to the amplifier card, it goes at follows:

+ from rectifier goes to the pin 1 of Q904, a 3 pin chip. Pin 2 of Q904
goes to the connector that supplies +27v to the amp. Pin 3 has a thin
PCB trace going to various surface mount components presumably to
control the voltage level.

I am trying to locate the fault but cannot identify Q904, it is labeled
PK K1189 33.
What do you think is my best bet for repair? Maybe a new voltage
regulator bypassing this Q904?

Any ideas gratefully received!
Kris.