Posted to sci.electronics.repair
szy

Default Blurry TV's..

Hi there, i'm hoping this would be the right group to post in. I have
two tv's (5 and 9 years old) with blurry pictures, they take a while to
warm up and display a picture. The picture will get better the longer
it's left on but decent clarity is impossible.
My assumption is that the tube needs to be replaced, could it be a
chip/board problem? I know tv's are cheap these days but i'm a man, the
world cup is coming up and they'd be handy for the kids.
While i'm here are there many differences in the repair of pal/ntsc
tv's?

Regards in advance..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

The picture tubes are starting to get weak. The fix would be new tubes. At
this point it is more worth to start shopping for some new TV sets. At least
you will have a warranty with a new set.

--

JANA
_____

"szy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there, i'm hoping this would be the right group to post in. I have
two tv's (5 and 9 years old) with blurry pictures, they take a while to
warm up and display a picture. The picture will get better the longer
it's left on but decent clarity is impossible.
My assumption is that the tube needs to be replaced, could it be a
chip/board problem? I know tv's are cheap these days but i'm a man, the
world cup is coming up and they'd be handy for the kids.
While i'm here are there many differences in the repair of pal/ntsc
tv's?

Regards in advance..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

szy ha escrito:

Hi there, i'm hoping this would be the right group to post in. I have
two tv's (5 and 9 years old) with blurry pictures, they take a while to
warm up and display a picture. The picture will get better the longer
it's left on but decent clarity is impossible.
My assumption is that the tube needs to be replaced, could it be a
chip/board problem? I know tv's are cheap these days but i'm a man, the
world cup is coming up and they'd be handy for the kids.
While i'm here are there many differences in the repair of pal/ntsc
tv's?

Regards in advance..

sounds like the tube unfortunately, but you could try letting them warm
up and then adjusting the FOCUS pot on the line transfomer, hopefully
it may have enough range to sharpen things up enough to be watchable.

-b..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
szy

sounds like the tube unfortunately, but you could try letting them warm
up and then adjusting the FOCUS pot on the line transfomer, hopefully
it may have enough range to sharpen things up enough to be watchable.

-b..

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping to have to kick something, but
what can you do

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Marcos_Ce

Hi,
Greetings from Brazil!

Do you live in a high humidity area? Try replacing the CRT's socket.
Sometimes the focus hight voltage leaks to ground on a bad socket.

Good luck!

"szy" escreveu na mensagem
oups.com...