Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Blurry TV's..

szy ha escrito:

Hi there, i'm hoping this would be the right group to post in. I have
two tv's (5 and 9 years old) with blurry pictures, they take a while to
warm up and display a picture. The picture will get better the longer
it's left on but decent clarity is impossible.
My assumption is that the tube needs to be replaced, could it be a
chip/board problem? I know tv's are cheap these days but i'm a man, the
world cup is coming up and they'd be handy for the kids.
While i'm here are there many differences in the repair of pal/ntsc
tv's?

Regards in advance..

sounds like the tube unfortunately, but you could try letting them warm
up and then adjusting the FOCUS pot on the line transfomer, hopefully
it may have enough range to sharpen things up enough to be watchable.

-b..