Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Keiser

Default Home Made "O" Rings?

I know this is off-topic but you folks are very clever and may have a
solution.

My swimming pool sand filter is 30 years old. Parts no longer available.
The valve has begun to leak from a "spider" gasket - basically an 8 inch "O"
ring and a "1 inch "O" ring connected by 3 radials [which separate
rinse/filter/backwash chambers]. The gasket must allow the valve body to
rotate to the three positions so I doubt anything as simple as silicone
caulk would work.
No comparable part available AFAIK.
Replacing the sand filter would not only be pricey, but labor intensive.
Does any one have experience making [or piecing together] such a gasket? Or
a link that might help?
Thanks for any wisdom.
--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.