Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm

Default Home Made "O" Rings?

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 02:03:40 -0400, "JANA" wrote:

For some industries, there is available gasket rubber. You can cut out your
own gaskets. Check this out at any of the major hardware centres. Actually,
any type of medium soft rubber sheet will work. You just have to find a way
to accurately cut your own gasket from it.

Many of the automobile centres who service the older cars will carry gasket
rubber sheeting. When I was working in engine rebuilding, I used to use to
make my own gaskets at times. I would doubt they spend a thousand bucks to
make a gasket. If so, the client would blow his gasket!

Then you could use the tool a second time. That would make it only
500 dollars a gasket.
--

JANA

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let