Posted to sci.electronics.repair
cmdrdata

Default Bose radio mod to add audio input jack

Need a portion of the schematic where I can tap off the audio input for
my iPod. The radio is from my 2002 Maxima. Anyone can help? Thanks..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Scott Lane

"cmdrdata" wrote in message
oups.com...
Need a portion of the schematic where I can tap off the audio input for
my iPod. The radio is from my 2002 Maxima. Anyone can help? Thanks..

The Bose probably has an audio output IC. Get the number off the IC and look
it up at alldatasheet.com . You might be able to plug into the "input" pins
on the IC.

I think you will need a switch of some sort to switch between "Bose" source
and "Ipod"source. Good luck. Scott

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
cmdrdata

Yes I understand the need for a switch. If you have done audio input
jack wiring, for a mono jack, they are typically 3 terminals ( one is
common ), one is switched terminal when a plug is inserted, and the
3rd is the terminal that connects to the plug (barrel or tip). The "new
source" is of course passed through the audio plug when it is inserted.
I also understand the "break before make" issue to prevent IC biurnout.