Clive Long,UK

Default 7 PIN DIN input at back of 10-year (?) old Hitachi CPT2478

Hi,

I have a 10-year old Hitachi CPT2478 TV. This gives a sharp but
warm image and has an unobtrusive cabinet that means it still matches
current "tastes". Now, I have bought a new (but inexpensive) VCR that
has a cluster of output and input options including

RF (aerial)
"Phono"
Scart

The Hitachi only has two inputs, RF and a "7 PIN DIN" (one of
those circular plugs with a "ring of pins" much used by Philips in the
70's and 80's). Does anyone know what the specification or description
of the plug is? Is this 7-pin a video and audio input (I can't see
what else it would be !!)? Can I buy a standard cable that will take
the Scart / "phono" from the video and input it into this socket?

What I am trying to achieve is an improvement on the (not bad)
quality of the signal / image from the VCR over that achieved through
the TV RF input. The RF TV input would remain in place for "non-video
output" signal, in other words "standard TV".

To restate, the aim is to get a cable from the VCR scart / phono
into the TV 7-pin DIN.

Thanks

Clive
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Long,UK

Try this site for pin connections http://freespace.virgin.net/matt.wai...e/av/din7a.htm

Gunner: I'm back Gunner Metalworking 388 July 9th 04 12:35 AM
Adventures in Loft-land [email protected] UK diy 9 January 16th 04 08:14 PM
OT- Did the Prez lie about WMD? Gunner Metalworking 127 December 18th 03 01:36 PM
SEASONS GREETINGS BLOCKS Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT Woodworking 2 September 8th 03 05:06 PM
Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk's back panel to side panels? (and other questions) Leon Woodworking 5 August 27th 03 04:08 AM